Goodbye Jesus

Holy Ghost

moxieflux66

15 hours ago, mwc said:

I scanned the thread before posting and I feel this was a pre-emptive lie. 😛

Yeah, but also WEEZER DID IT!! 

22 hours ago, Weezer said:

The Holy Spook is MAGICAL and can be anything you want it to be!!

Ooops.  Satan is making me devolve this into a joke!!  😁

And I don't think the trinity "happened" until the 4th century??

No, remember the trinity has been around forever. As I recall, didn't Christ exist before he was born, maybe not. That means the Satan existed before ....

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, older said:

I forgot to mention that a square with a side of 1 is the only square wherein the area is also expressed by the same number: 1. So there can only be one god. See, if the square had sides of 2, then the diagonal would be the square root of 8, which just isn't going to work. OH WAIT!! 8 + 2 = 10. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS! Am I on to something here?

Yes you sure are !!!! The square root of 10 = about 3.16228, a little more than pi  eaten in the Bible. If the circumference is 10 then the diameter will be the trinity and then some in extent.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Yes you sure are !!!! The square root of 10 = about 3.16228, a little more than pi  eaten in the Bible.

I give up. 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I received the holy spirit, was baptized with the holy spirit, filled with the power of the holy spirit, spoke in tongues, prophesied, and exhibited several gifts and fruits of the holy spirit.  I'm here now.

Now I am aware of someone who was fully baptized by the holy spirit, escaping the holy spirit.  Prior to this the only ones I knew of were the ones who temporarily "got the spirit", but it wore off pretty quickly.

On 9/16/2024 at 1:42 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I received the holy spirit, was baptized with the holy spirit, filled with the power of the holy spirit, spoke in tongues, prophesied, and exhibited several gifts and fruits of the holy spirit.  I'm here now.

Second that. 

On 9/16/2024 at 12:03 AM, Weezer said:

On a serious note, it has been my observation that those who truly believe they have recieved the holy spirit (more than just a short period of time) never give up the belief.  Some may have done so, but I am not aware of it.  Whatever it is, it seems to grab them, and doesn't let go.

There are somethings that I have seen and experienced that twenty-ish years of trying to disprove the fallible mind has not been able to solve. But now I have beliefs that are more science based than church-faith based. 

Here’s a video about the trinity. In short different people believed different things and then church politics won out. 

I’ve heard it several ways. One is the movements of God among believers. One is an internal councilor, from a Bible passage that uses the root work for paralegal, often translated as comforter. I disproved that one when I felt guilty about not going to Sunday night service, changed church to one that didn’t meet on Sunday night, and no longer felt guilty. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Crithin8 said:

I’ve heard it several ways. One is the movements of God among believers. One is an internal councilor, from a Bible passage that uses the root work for paralegal, often translated as comforter. I disproved that one when I felt guilty about not going to Sunday night service, changed church to one that didn’t meet on Sunday night, and no longer felt guilty. 

Soooo...........once again, no consensus and no real answers. Too bad for the religion, eh? 😏

Doesn't it say somewhere in the 'good book' a divided house will fall? 

Related: I'm watching a short video interview of Bart Ehrman talking about what Christianity was like in the year 100 AD. There were some very different beliefs in various groups of those who called themselves followers of Jesus, and some views became dominant while others didn't. Paul had a lot of enemies in the church, and his views were rejected by the more Jewish leaning Christians. There was not a cleanly defined faith "once delivered unto the saints", not at all. They disagreed on who Jesus was, what he taught (some even had homoerotic baptisms by Jesus [not covered in this vid]), what happens at death, what they could eat, what the physical world meant, and how many gods there are. 

• Thanks 1

Will definitely check this out! Thanks Fuego!