Goodbye Jesus

Hems

moxieflux66

I've always been fascinated with this verse from Matthew 9:20

"And behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood for 12 years came behind him and touched the HEM of his garment

21: 

"For she said within herself, if I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole" 

22: "But Jesus turned about and when he saw her, he said, "Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole". And the woman was made whole from that hour."

Later, in Matthew 14:36, more people who hear about Jesus come around to touch the hem of his garment and be made whole. 

I understand the significance of the faith required but what is the significance of the hem of his garment in particular? Or is that just a coincidence? 🤔

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Perhaps his garment had an exceptionally large, or different hem??  Heck if I know!!

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

23 When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom.

24 “Let’s not tear it,” they said to one another. “Let’s decide by lot who will get it.”

This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled that said,

“They divided my clothes among them
    and cast lots for my garment.”

So this is what the soldiers did.

~John 19

According to a different scripture, the garment of jesus was seamless, meaning it did not have any hems.  So, I suppose the moral of the story is that faith can find a hem even when there isn't one.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Weezer said:

Perhaps his garment had an exceptionally large, or different hem??  Heck if I know!!

Ok, sure! 😁

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, I suppose the moral of the story is that faith can find a hem even when there isn't one.

.................though I like this explanation better 🤣 Mustard seeds, anybody? 🍻

• Admin
5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, I suppose the moral of the story is that faith can find a hem even when there isn't one.

Ahem: used to represent the noise made when clearing the throat, typically to attract attention or express disapproval or embarrassment:jesus:

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, webmdave said:

Ahem: used to represent the noise made when clearing the throat, typically to attract attention or express disapproval or embarrassment:jesus:

That's the problem with you christians these days: you're all out here searching for a hem when you oughta be searching for HIM!!!  Can I get a jalapeño?!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, webmdave said:

I'm speechless (from hysterical laughter)....🤣

However.......

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That's the problem with you christians these days: you're all out here searching for a hem when you oughta be searching for HIM!!!  Can I get a jalapeño?!

I take great umbrage at your insinuation I am a xtian!!! 😱

(or are you calling Dave a xtian? 😈 😇

• Super Moderator
18 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

(or are you calling Dave a xtian? 😈 😇

Nah, I was just channeling my inner pastor.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Jalapeño and Ahem.  :god:

• Admin
4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I was just channeling my inner pastor.

Rediscovering My Inner Pastor on the Dakota Prairie – Adventist Today

27 minutes ago, webmdave said:

Yes, and Ramen too! 

That little green guy looks a lot like me lately.....(i.e. Huh???) 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, webmdave said:

Smiley.jpg

• Haha 1