Goodbye Jesus

Singularity

moxieflux66

2 hours ago, disillusioned said:

The planet we're looking for is this one. We should try to fix the problems here rather than looking for an exit plan.

Good idea. How about geothermal energy? I've always been fascinated with the idea. 

14 minutes ago, Weezer said:

We need some "territory" in space for our protection from rogue earthly advesaries.  But isn't there a problem with all the space junk that is up there?  Crashing into space starions and each other?  And some of it falling back to earth without completely burning up on the way down??  Are we going to wind up shooting down, or disabling other countries satellites, etc.??  It may get very interesting.

Well hell, if we can't junk up space AND our planet, we haven't done our😉 job! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

10 hours ago, Weezer said:

I agree on both points. 

We need some "territory" in space for our protection from rogue earthly advesaries.  But isn't there a problem with all the space junk that is up there?  Crashing into space starions and each other?  And some of it falling back to earth without completely burning up on the way down??  Are we going to wind up shooting down, or disabling other countries satellites, etc.??  It may get very interesting.

You mean the Kessler Syndrome?

Kessler syndrome - Wikipedia

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

Good idea. How about geothermal energy? I've always been fascinated with the idea. 

Deep geothermal is something I find very intriguing. Certainly the potential is there.

Here's an interesting podcast that discusses this (among other things) if you're interested:

I actually highly recommend Nate Hagens' podcast in general. It's usually quite interesting and informative, and covers a wide range of topics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, disillusioned said:

Deep geothermal is something I find very intriguing. Certainly the potential is there.

Here's an interesting podcast that discusses this (among other things) if you're interested:

I actually highly recommend Nate Hagens' podcast in general. It's usually quite interesting and informative, and covers a wide range of topics.

Thank you! I will definitely check this out tonight. 

This guy also has great ideas about sustainability. I've been following his work intermittently since about 2009. 

The Venus Project

• Like 1

19 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

You mean the Kessler Syndrome?

Kessler syndrome - Wikipedia

I guess we need to hang onto our regular roadmaps in case out GPS gets wiped out!  😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

You could, but without a magnetosphere you will need to keep replenishing dust as the sun's solar winds will keep stripping any atmosphere you build.  We also lose some of our atmosphere, but thanks to our magnetosphere it's much, much . . . much slower.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Krowb said:

You could, but without a magnetosphere you will need to keep replenishing dust as the sun's solar winds will keep stripping any atmosphere you build.  We also lose some of our atmosphere, but thanks to our magnetosphere it's much, much . . . much slower.

A[l very valid things to talk about....and waaaaay off topic of the thread. Perhaps a moderator could see fit to move it to its own thread or (heaven forbid!) I should try to do that myself at this hour! 

Suggestions welcome from any and all! 😁