Goodbye Jesus

GOD DID IT

Weezer

After Trump got shot in the ear by a guy trying to kill him, he later said,  "It was God alone who prevented the unthinkable".  If that were true, I guess it was God alone who let one of the bullets kill a retired fire chief, and let 2 others get severly injured.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Weezer said:

After Trump got shot in the ear by a guy trying to kill him, he later said,  "It was God alone who prevented the unthinkable".  If that were true, I guess it was God alone who let one of the bullets kill a retired fire chief, and let 2 others get severly injured.

That's true. God must be a very bad guy to do such things 🤡

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Weezer said:

God works in mysterious ways 🙏 

But seriously though I feel bad for the retired fire chief and the other two people. I hope the two that were severely injured at least have non-life threatening injuries and they can heal. As for the retired fire chief, RIP to him. I hope his family and friends can find peace in the loss.

• Like 2

The Onion (America's Finest News Source) is a great humorous site but sometimes they run some biting satire. Recently, in response to the shooting, they ran a fake man-on-the-street interview: "“I expect this kind of violence at a school, church, mall, movie theater, or park, but not at a political rally.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, older said:

The Onion (America's Finest News Source) is a great humorous site but sometimes they run some biting satire. Recently, in response to the shooting, they ran a fake man-on-the-street interview: "“I expect this kind of violence at a school, church, mall, movie theater, or park, but not at a political rally.”

I remember years ago in the early 1990's when the Hubble space telescope was up and running after its focal repair, with a total cost of construction, launch, and repair of roughly 16 billion dollars in today's money. I think it was The Onion News that ran a satirical article about a new NASA space Kaleidoscope, telling us what a bargain it was for only half of the cost of the Hubble Space Telescope, Saying, Oooooooooooooh , look at all those beautiful colors at all those different locations, distances, and rotations :) 

I was wondering at the time if most of the readers knew what a Kaleidoscope was, since I only remember them being popular in the 1940's and before, and in the 1950's.and 60's.  

Kaleidoscope

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, pantheory said:

I was wondering at the time if most of the readers knew what a Kaleidoscope was, since I only remember them being popular in the 1940's and before, and in the 1950's.and 60's.  

There are people who don't know what a kaleidoscope is??? They don't know the pure joy of the spinning color patterns??? What????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

There are people who don't know what a kaleidoscope is??? They don't know the pure joy of the spinning color patterns??? What????

I guess they must still have popularity today then, ---------------------great!!!!!!!!!!!!! such beauty :)  And a space Kaleidescope only 8 billion US dollars. What a bargain for our tax dollars :)  Let the truth be known, I really never heard of it or saw its beautiful pictures before it was explained by the Onion News :) Makes one think that it's all part of God's beautiful plan for mankind. :jesus:'

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pantheory said:

I guess they must still have popularity today then, ---------------------great!!!!!!!!!!!!! such beauty :)  And a space Kaleidescope only 8 billion US dollars. What a bargain for our tax dollars :)  Let the truth be known, I really never heard of it or saw its beautiful pictures before it was explained by the Onion News :) 

Would it happen to be this article?

https://www.theonion.com/hubble-kaleidoscope-finds-evidence-of-space-looking-all-1819569930

Edit: Unrelated to current discussion, but this is my all-time favorite Onion article

https://www.theonion.com/things-to-never-say-to-someone-who-just-came-out-1849079422

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Wow, you found it. Can't believe that you found it. Such Beauty , WoooooooooooooooooooooooW  :)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Wow, you found it. Can't believe that you found it. Such Beauty , WoooooooooooooooooooooooW  :)

I want to take a look into the Hubble Space Kaleidescope. With all the new discoveries made, I bet taking another peek into it will reveal the even greater weirdness that is our ever-expanding, probably infinite universe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

I want to take a look into the Hubble Space Kaleidescope. With all the new discoveries made, I bet taking another peek into it will reveal the even greater weirdness that is our ever-expanding, probably infinite universe.

Yeah, you're right. We need a lot more info from the Space Kaleidescope. Maybe astronomers and theorists will finally get it right, and not always be contradicted by what they are observing and continuously changing theory by the forever continuing surprises. Again, it must be part of God's beautiful plan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pantheory said:

Yeah, you're right. We need a lot more info from the Space Kaleidescope. Maybe astronomers and theorists will finally get it right, and not always be contradicted by what they are observing and continuously changing theory by the forever continuing surprises.

Exactly! The infinite vastness of space provides room for infinite possibilities. Presuming that the universe is truly infinite, this could mean that there's possibility a distant Earth-like planet where it's just a giant meatball, and it's inhabitants are human-like beings made out of spaghetti that worship the elusive entity known as the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Exactly! The infinite vastness of space provides room for infinite possibilities. Presuming that the universe is truly infinite, this could mean that there's possibility a distant Earth-like planet where it's just a giant meatball, and it's inhabitants are human-like beings made out of spaghetti that worship the elusive entity known as the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM). 

Yes, I remember that one. Sounds reasonable to me :)  I always knew that mainstream cosmology had to be changed. 

• Like 1