Goodbye Jesus

GOD, GREEDY CORPORATIONS, POLITICIANS and BABIES

Weezer

When you stop and think about it, there are reasons the above parties want as many bablies as possible.   With their addiction to money and power, they need more babies who can grow up and give to the "religion", buy more of their "products", pay taxes, fight their wars, and basically do their dirty work.  

So, did it all start with God creating mankind, telling them to go forth and multiply, and that they were too stupid to be successful without their creator??   Or did mankind create God to shame and scare peope into doing their dirty work, give to the Synagogue/Church, buy their products, fight their wars, and pay taxes??  And only educate them enough to do the dirty work?  But not enough to increase the questioning of it all?

• Like 3

If they tank the economy for the average person, who will buy their stuff? With gazillions going to CEOs, and private equity buying up businesses to close them, wages stagnating, I don't see things working out for the current model. But it does sound more like they'd like slaves, permanently indebted and subject to their whims. Another part sounds like total beta-males who want to control and abuse women using an excuse that god wants it that way. So I see various groups that are salivating at the possibility of autocracy. The super rich, the power hungry, the religious extremists, the gullible who enjoy the daily outrage and hate, and all of them are just sure things will be tasty good for them. 

• Like 1

If you've ever watched a cat play with a mouse, that's this alleged god. Torment it until it's exhausted and then eat it.

A news story I saw today reports that in 1989 the average American CEO made 61 times more than the average worker. In 2019 the ratio was 320 to 1.* 

As to the current structure of our system, here is a quote I saved from John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath:

“And the great owners, who must lose their land in an upheaval, the great owners with access to history, with eyes to read history and to know the great fact: when property accumulates in too few hands it is taken away. And that companion fact: when a majority of the people are hungry and cold they will take by force what they need. And the little screaming fact that sounds through all history: repression works only to strengthen and knit the repressed. The great owners ignored the three cries of history. The land fell into fewer hands, the number of the dispossessed increased, and every effort of the great owners was directed at repression. The money was spent for arms, for gas to protect the great holdings, and spies were sent to catch the murmuring of revolt so that it might be stamped out. The changing economy was ignored, plans for the change ignored; and only means to destroy revolt were considered, while the causes of revolt went on.”

* I think this story is worth reading. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/corporations/ceos-public-u-s-firms-earn-320-times-much-workers-n1263195

Here are a couple of grafs:

Last August, Jamelle Brown, a technician at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri, contracted Covid-19 while on the job sanitizing and sterilizing rooms in the facility's emergency department. Luckily, his case wasn't severe, and after having quarantined, he was back at work.

Upon his return, Brown was named Employee of the Month in his unit and given a gift voucher for use in the hospital cafeteria. The amount: $6.

Even in the year of Covid-19, 2020, the company generated $51.5 billion in revenue....That performance helped boost the total compensation HCA's chief executive, Samuel N. Hazen, received last year to $30.4 million....

• Thanks 2

Someone, way back before the Bible was written, figured out how to keep the mass of people under their thumb. And it’s still happening. 

• Like 2

And big money is still pushing God and abolishing abortion.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Weezer said:

Years ago I had a co-worker whose standard response to any head-banging issue was, "It all comes down to money." And she was right. While we don't believe in the Bible and it's god, there are a few things in there that are common across cultures, and one of them is greed, the manifestation of which is often money. I once heard about a Native American culture in which the acquisition of material things was considered greed and was looked down upon.

Which leads us to the article I linked to above. At what point does the pay of a CEO become immoral? At what point is the pay of the lowest paid employee immoral? At what point is it immoral for investors to make a profit off of sick people? At what point is it immoral for a church to buy 20 acres at the edge of town and build a multi-million dollar, multiple building, complex, when, at the other side of town there are people living in tents on the sidewalk?

When Lewis and Clark returned from their exploration of the American west, an indigenous chief came with them to Washington. He was given some money to spend, and when he went out onto the streets he saw beggars and gave the money to them. When asked why he did that, he said, "In our culture no one goes hungry."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Weezer said:

It's tried and true. It's the easiest way. And it's thoroughly depressing. Give them just enough to survive, but not thrive so they can be controllable and make god-promises for the rest. 

• Like 1