Goodbye Jesus

One-Year Ex-iversary!

Casualfanboy16

Hello, fellow Ex-C friends and guests who lurk on the forums! Today is a pretty momentous occasion! Today marks a full year since I joined the site! So, in honor of my 1-year ex-iversary (Ex-Christian.net anniversary), I think it's the perfect time to show my appreciation for the site, and the ways people here have helped me.

My first year on the site has been a pretty positive experience, as well as beneficial for my mental health. I remember when I first started here and I didn't know anyone. This place was unfamiliar territory for me. I felt like a small minnow in a pond of big fish. I'm glad I stuck around though, because over a year later, here I am making this post lol. 

In the relatively short time I've been here compared to some other members, I have noticed that I've been doing a lot better compared to how I was when I first joined. I used to apologize profusely for every little thing I perceived as a mistake, or something people could potentially take as rude. I still unfortunately have some of that left, but a lot less. People-pleasing and expressing opinions on certain things are something I'm working on still.

I was also overwhelmed with guilt and shame regarding my sexuality. Thankfully, with my time here, that has also been lessened significantly. I'm gayer than I've ever been (happier, and gayer lol). I used to have repeated intrusive thoughts about going back to Christianity,  and going back to being straight. I used to force myself over and over to fit into a mold that I desperately didn't want to fit in because of the social pressure, the religious indoctrination and deep-rooted guilt and self-hate and internalized homophobia that accompanied all of that. Like fitting a square peg into a circular hole.

I can thankfully say that I didn't fall back into that, and thanks to everyone on this site, I am still here making this post today. I don't know what I would've done without this place. I have made many great friendships, and have read/commented on lots of posts. It's been a pretty great time. I would contribute to the site financially if I could. @webmdave deserves all the help he can get to maintain this site.

I'm glad everyone here could be in my life, and is continuing to help me out through this journey. I am also thankful that the people have taught me healthy ways to cope (like mindfulness and such). And I am thankful for the friendships I have formed. Hell, I consider y'all more like family than friends if I'm being completely honest. Super corny, I know looool.

Anyway, thank you all for being there for me; and I'm glad I can continue to contribute to the site to this day. See y'all on the forums!! 😁

• Like 4

Happy Anniversary to you kiddo! ❤️🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Anyway, thank you all for being there for me;

You are welcome!  I am happy it has been a positive experience for you.  Being super corney is also okay.  We need more of that in this old world.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

Happy Anniversary to you kiddo! ❤️🍻

11 minutes ago, Weezer said:

You are welcome!  I am happy it has been a positive experience for you.  Being super corney is also okay.  We need more of that in this old world.

Awww you guys are the best! 😊

Congratulations and happy ex-iversary @Casualfanboy16

I’m glad that being here has been a positive experience for you.  I’m certainly glad you’ve been a part of this community for the past year.  Here’s to many more anniversaries!  Glad you’re one of us.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've used up all my daily likes so here's this: 👍

32 minutes ago, older said:

I've used up all my daily likes so here's this: 👍

Thanks! I did too, actually. Lol! So here's this ❤️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TABA said:

Congratulations and happy ex-iversary @Casualfanboy16

I’m glad that being here has been a positive experience for you.  I’m certainly glad you’ve been a part of this community for the past year.  Here’s to many more anniversaries!  Glad you’re one of us.   

Cheers, man!!! 🍻 I'm glad to have stuck around this long! Can't wait for the next coming years! When I get further in my deconversion, and my life in general, I hope to help others on the site just as much as I was helped here!! 😁😁😁

• Like 1