Goodbye Jesus

Apache girls expelled for satanic activity

older

The choking hypocrisy of "Christianity" continues. Some Apache girls were expelled from an allegedly Christian school for participating in their cultural coming-of-age ceremonies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2024/jun/24/apache-students-school-reservation

• Thanks 2

When I was in my Baptist school and they decided to expel me for something some other kid did I was pissed off and powerless like these poor kids.  They wanted to withhold that years grades which would hold me back a year as well (but I was in trouble and in the office so often I had dirt on the principle so that didn't happen).  I left and was happy to not be under their thumb anymore.

But I wasn't some great student fearing for my academic life or heritage like these girls.  They're probably torn up inside worrying about how this will affect their lives.  It's hard to remember the pressure kids feel when the weight of their world comes down on them and they think one little thing is going to ruin the rest of their lives so they cave to some petty authoritarian.

What I do know, now that I'm an old guy, is things that kids do think will ruin their lives often won't or there is ample time and opportunity to fix things.  And looking back I'd tell a lot more people to kiss my ass and not think twice about it.  These kids should do the same.

mwc

• Like 1

This is a story that just broke so we'll hope to see what happens. I hope that the school gets so much flack that it backs off. The Guardian article reports that there are 14.600 people on the reservation and there are 80 churches from 27 denominations. 

Ahhhh, but don't you know the ends justify the means??  If they can get just one person into heaven, all the mahem they create will be worth it!!  NOT!!!    Those people who put those kids through that crap are sad excuses for human beings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2024 at 7:29 PM, older said:

The choking hypocrisy of "Christianity" continues. Some Apache girls were expelled from an allegedly Christian school for participating in their cultural coming-of-age ceremonies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2024/jun/24/apache-students-school-reservation

Time for online school and move off that Christian res.

It makes good news for the press, but probably their Indian culture has many religious implications that their school wants them to separate from. The girls should know better than to do such things on school property. I expect that's what they were doing maybe at recess time, lunch time, etc. -- so I think the parents should explain to the girls that they should not do such things on school property.

10 hours ago, pantheory said:

It makes good news for the press, but probably their Indian culture has many religious implications that their school wants them to separate from. The girls should know better than to do such things on school property. I expect that's what they were doing maybe at recess time, lunch time, etc. -- so I think the parents should explain to the girls that they should not do such things on school property.

As I read the story, it mentions that the school found out they did this from a Facebook post, and that the ceremony was conducted by a tribal medicine man. So it does not look like it was done on school property.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, midniterider said:

Time for online school and move off that Christian res.

But then they would miss the socializaton with peers, and learning how to deal with difficult people that is needed while growing up.   They need real world experience along with knowledge from a computer.  

4 hours ago, older said:

As I read the story, it mentions that the school found out they did this from a Facebook post, and that the ceremony was conducted by a tribal medicine man. So it does not look like it was done on school property.

If so then the girls and parents should be glad to leave that school if such conduct was on their own time. So good riddance to that school anyway since it would be easy to find a better one, right?  ;)