Goodbye Jesus

Christian Forgiveness is BS!?!

HazeltheHeretic

Hey everyone! In this video, I'm discussing my experience with how Christian forgiveness can be misused and manipulated. We'll explore how it can affect self-esteem and delve into cases like Brittany Dawn and Josh Duggar (yikes!). We'll also explore if forgiveness can have positive aspects, or is it just BS? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Christian Forgiveness is BS!?! Youtube Video

0:00 Intro

0:36 The Problem with Forgiveness: The Hustle

0:56 Christian Forgiveness is Rooted in God's forgiveness of humanity's sins

2:36 Emphasizes grace and mercy

3:36 Can be seen as a one-time act

5:12 Sometimes can be tied to reconciliation

6:07 Who Needs Forgiveness the Most???

6:45 Two Case Studies: Redemption Hungry People (All In my Opinion)

6:50 Brittany Dawn: Scam Queen Gets Saved (TW: ED)

12:06 Josh Duggar: Family Values... Except for His (TW: SA and CP)

17:51 Why Christians Let Them In? The Enablers

18:19 #1 The All-Forgiving Facade

19:40 #2 The Redemption Industry

20:25 My Christian Forgiveness Theory

22:05 Outro

• 2 months later...

What is forgiveness if there's no end to it? 

What about forgiving myself for feeling guilty for growing into a better person?

It's my right to remember who people truly are when fear arises. I can love my parents from far away. My mom is a narcissist and so I can't forget but I can let go. AND is one of my new favorite words. So instead of choosing to oscillate between love or hate for certain people.

I love and hate them. In the case of my love for my parents, it is BECAUSE of my love for them, that I have distanced myself from them, so I can grow into the person I want to be. I understand their sacrifices and know that unless I am around people who make me feel understood, I am lacking a key component of my happiness. They would have a "family gathering" or a group chat behind my back about me. Just for finding out I am an atheist or on this site. Since I was kid it was "he's in a phase and he's going down a dark path". Now I'm ostracized to the point that my little sister has been told that I am not mentally well and should stay away from me! 

God forbid I was gay! My friend Manny committed suicide because his dad was a preacher! It is truly scary. It's never right to lie to your kids, it's never right to call your kids evil, it's never right to do rituals and make kids "drink the blood of Jesus". I think some things are unforgivable. 

Thank you for being brave and speaking your heart and it's also funny that you talked about Pokémon. 

“When you squeeze an orange, you'll always get orange juice to come out. What comes out is what's inside. The same logic applies to you: when someone squeezes you, puts pressure on you, or says something unflattering or critical, and out of you comes anger, hatred, bitterness, tension, depression, or anxiety, that is what's inside. If love and joy are what you want to give and receive, change your life by changing what's inside.”

Wayne W. Dyer

• Thanks 2

Thank you for making the wayne Dyer quote your signature.  And thanks for your post!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jedi said:

“When you squeeze an orange, you'll always get orange juice to come out. What comes out is what's inside. The same logic applies to you: when someone squeezes you, puts pressure on you, or says something unflattering or critical, and out of you comes anger, hatred, bitterness, tension, depression, or anxiety, that is what's inside. If love and joy are what you want to give and receive, change your life by changing what's inside.”

Wayne W. Dyer

Yes. Excellent. Thanks.

On 6/17/2024 at 2:05 PM, HazeltheHeretic said:

Hey everyone! In this video, I'm discussing my experience with how Christian forgiveness can be misused and manipulated. We'll explore how it can affect self-esteem and delve into cases like Brittany Dawn and Josh Duggar (yikes!). We'll also explore if forgiveness can have positive aspects, or is it just BS? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Christian Forgiveness is BS!?! Youtube Video

0:00 Intro

0:36 The Problem with Forgiveness: The Hustle

0:56 Christian Forgiveness is Rooted in God's forgiveness of humanity's sins

2:36 Emphasizes grace and mercy

3:36 Can be seen as a one-time act

5:12 Sometimes can be tied to reconciliation

6:07 Who Needs Forgiveness the Most???

6:45 Two Case Studies: Redemption Hungry People (All In my Opinion)

6:50 Brittany Dawn: Scam Queen Gets Saved (TW: ED)

12:06 Josh Duggar: Family Values... Except for His (TW: SA and CP)

17:51 Why Christians Let Them In? The Enablers

18:19 #1 The All-Forgiving Facade

19:40 #2 The Redemption Industry

20:25 My Christian Forgiveness Theory

22:05 Outro

Interesting video. As an atheist I believe that nearly every aspect of the Bible is BS, especially the lack of truths and complete fantasies within it 

Of course, to buy into the sin con, it requires a belief that humans are inherently bad — a negative view of humanity. I remember sitting in church when I was perhaps 10 or 11 and thinking that I hadn't done any of this sin stuff so why should I have to pray for forgiveness for things I didn't do. The only reason I can find for why people buy into this bullshit is that they are afraid of the unknown.

• Like 1