Goodbye Jesus

The Heterosexual Agenda: Trying to Turn Me Straight!

HazeltheHeretic

In this video, I open up about how my journey to discovering I'm bisexual totally clashed with how I was raised. Growing up in a super Christian household, there wasn't much room to talk about anything outside their beliefs, let alone LGBTQ+ stuff. It felt like the only option was to be straight.

https://youtu.be/pKDw4dyjKWM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome!  It is great that you found your way out of the cult.  It is interesting that only a few hours ago another female posted about accepting her bi-ness.  It is great to feel free to be yourself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HazeltheHeretic said:

In this video, I open up about how my journey to discovering I'm bisexual totally clashed with how I was raised. Growing up in a super Christian household, there wasn't much room to talk about anything outside their beliefs, let alone LGBTQ+ stuff. It felt like the only option was to be straight.

https://youtu.be/pKDw4dyjKWM

Hello, Hazel! Welcome to Ex-C! I'm glad you could come on here and be able to open up about your bisexuality! For me, my gayness clashed with what I was taught growing up. I'm sure we share some similar experiences too!

Also, I only watched a little snippet of the video and will have to save it for later, but I see you also use Krita as well! Very good digital art program for being free, honestly!!

Thank you! It is unfortunately too common that people grew up in toxic religions that stopped them from getting to be themselves.

And thank you! I love Krita, use it ALL the time! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HazeltheHeretic said:

Thank you! It is unfortunately too common that people grew up in toxic religions that stopped them from getting to be themselves.

And thank you! I love Krita, use it ALL the time! 

Yeah I myself am still with the family until I find someplace else. Most LGBT-centric places seem to be cities though. And apartments everywhere seem to have such a crazy amount of rent. It's impossible to live without finding myself a roommate lol. Not entirely complaining though because one roommate doesn't seem too bad.

Also yeah Krita has been my go-to for years! Still use it today!

21 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Yeah I myself am still with the family until I find someplace else. Most LGBT-centric places seem to be cities though. And apartments everywhere seem to have such a crazy amount of rent. It's impossible to live without finding myself a roommate lol. Not entirely complaining though because one roommate doesn't seem too bad.

Also yeah Krita has been my go-to for years! Still use it today!

It's hard to afford anything right now, but I am sure a good roommate would help :) It's kind of nice to have someone to split the chores with :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HazeltheHeretic said:

It's hard to afford anything right now, but I am sure a good roommate would help :) It's kind of nice to have someone to split the chores with :) 

Yeah, I bet! I bet one or two roommates would do me some good, and also each of us contributing to rent would help a ton.

The other thing I'm hung up on is just where to go. I don't know if I'll go too far from my home state, but I still want enough of a distance to where I can breathe, live, and have space from my parents. I love them, but their views and beliefs are making it hard for me to be more authentic. I'm still looking for someplace, however. There's so many places out there it's crazy.

Yes, welcome to X-Christ Hazel.

Some of our members have had similar problems concerning sexuality vs. religion.  And almost all of our members have had problems with Christianity or they wouldn't be here.

Hope you like it here and have good conversations with our members. All the best, and looking forward to your future postings. with best regards.

• Like 2