Goodbye Jesus

Bible or Relationship?

midniterider

In order to live a good Christian life is it more important to tenaciously cling to every word of the bible or should a believer just focus on living the faith and holding onto hope? 

Ed? What do you think?

5 hours ago, midniterider said:

In order to live a good Christian life is it more important to tenaciously cling to every word of the bible or should a believer just focus on living the faith and holding onto hope? 

Ed? What do you think?

Hey M, 

Given the way my mind tends to see symbols and patterns, I believe I read the Bible a little differently than "clinging to every word".  Although, I have had where after searching the meaning of a particular word, that one of the definitions fit what I was thinking better than the accepted interpretation of the verse.  To the former, I think the Bible offers new insights to our lives for that very reason......or that it has for me......ongoing revelation essentially.   But also a possibility that it's some human bias.... i.e. "this is happening in my life, so this is what I see in the Scripture".

To the last part of your question.... faith and hope are all we have regardless of whether it be religion or science.

Hope that answers your questions.

7 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

faith and hope are all we have regardless of whether it be religion or science.

I had never thought of it that way.  Thanks!

On 6/15/2024 at 2:15 PM, Edgarcito said:

Hey M, 

Given the way my mind tends to see symbols and patterns, I believe I read the Bible a little differently than "clinging to every word".  Although, I have had where after searching the meaning of a particular word, that one of the definitions fit what I was thinking better than the accepted interpretation of the verse.  To the former, I think the Bible offers new insights to our lives for that very reason......or that it has for me......ongoing revelation essentially.   But also a possibility that it's some human bias.... i.e. "this is happening in my life, so this is what I see in the Scripture".

To the last part of your question.... faith and hope are all we have regardless of whether it be religion or science.

Hope that answers your questions.

Yes, it does. Thank you, Sir.

On 6/15/2024 at 9:52 PM, Weezer said:

I had never thought of it that way.  Thanks!

I was raised non-religious so faith and hope were not really verbalized by my parents. But faith and hope are good things to bring to the forefront of your mind. Doesn't matter what religious persuasion you are. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, midniterider said:

I was raised non-religious so faith and hope were not really verbalized by my parents. But faith and hope are good things to bring to the forefront of your mind. Doesn't matter what religious persuasion you are. 

And you don't have to be religious to have faith.  I now have faith the sun will come up tomorrow and if I am still alive there are things to be done.  

• Like 2