Goodbye Jesus

Do You Hope That What You Believe Is True?

ironhorse

End3 wrote to Florduh...

"Surely you have a spiritual standard that occasionally governs your beliefs?"

Florduh's on record as stating that he has no supernatural beliefs and no belief in anything spiritual.

But you already knew this, End.

You're simply trying to score points over him.

You're doing this by taking the position that those with spiritual/supernatural beliefs ( like you) are morally superior to those without ( like him).

That  is your agenda here.

Yet when we compare Florduh's morality with yours, it's not difficult to see who is the morally superior person.

• Like 1

After I die I won't think anything.

It appears you are dead already....lol. Sorry MM, I couldn't resist.

End3 infects yet another thread with his sociopathy.

Sociopath has many facets....I only enjoy a few on the list.

End3 wrote to Florduh...

Florduh's on record as stating that he has no supernatural beliefs and no belief in anything spiritual.

But you already knew this, End.

You're simply trying to score points over him.

You're doing this by taking the position that those with spiritual/supernatural beliefs ( like you) are morally superior to those without ( like him).

That  is your agenda here.

Yet when we compare Florduh's morality with yours, it's not difficult to see who is the morally superior person.

No, I was asking him if he had any beliefs that were not based solely on objective standards. Reasonably sure he does. It had nothing to do with morality.

Nope.  PageofCupsNono.gif

Now you're backpeddaling.  You've just changed the wording of your question from, 'spiritual standard' to 'objective standard'.

"Do You Hope That What You Believe Is True?"

No, I KNOW what I KNOW.  Christianity is false.

After I die I won't think anything.

It appears you are dead already....lol. Sorry MM, I couldn't resist.

Try harder next time.

As a Christian, I have had doubts about my faith at times in my life,

but I really do hope that what I believe turns out to be correct when my life here has passed.

Its a fair enough question. I hope that death is the end. I am not certain that death is the end, but I think it is and I hope it is. I have little belief in an afterlife and little wish for one.  5000000000 billion years, even in Heaven, telling God how Holy He is,  would get tiresome , I should think. 

but I really do hope that what I believe turns out to be correct when my life here has passed.

Its a fair enough question. I hope that death is the end. I am not certain that death is the end, but I think it is and I hope it is. I have little belief in an afterlife and little wish for one.  5000000000 billion years, even in Heaven, telling God how Holy He is,  would get tiresome , I should think. 

Don't worry, Castiel, once you see the glory of God you won't want to do anything else for all of eternity but worship Him. Fortunately, God has special angels that bow down before Him and say "Holy Holy Holy Lord God Almighty" day and night, so we will be free to go exploring.

It's an exciting future! Just believe!

Can't believe? That's OK, then just hope it's true!

No hope?  It's still OK! Just wish!

Don't worry, Castiel, once you see the glory of God you won't want to do anything else for all of eternity but worship Him. Fortunately, God has special angels that bow down before Him and say "Holy Holy Holy Lord God Almighty" day and night, so we will be free to go exploring.

It's an exciting future! Just believe!

Can't believe? That's OK, then just hope it's true!

No hope?  It's still OK! Just wish!

Those angels must have lost their minds by now, an eternity of bowing and chanting.......sounds electric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I don't want to go upstairs, unless Heaven gets Netflix

Those angels must have lost their minds by now, an eternity of bowing and chanting.......sounds electric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I don't want to go upstairs, unless Heaven gets Netflix

You just gave me a great idea of a Children's ministry.  We should simulate heaven.  Get a big chair and

put it in the middle of the room.  Leave the chair empty because God is invisible.  Then bow down to the 

chair while chanting "holy holy holy".  Repeat for however long it takes for the message to sink in.  8 hours?

12 hours?  16 hours?  Come on guys, heaven is forever!

The whole praising God endlessly is daft......Does He never ever tire of it Himself........100000 years of hearing have fab you are would get boring, you would think, let alone hearing it.....forever 

The whole praising God endlessly is daft......Does He never ever tire of it Himself........100000 years of hearing have fab you are would get boring, you would think, let alone hearing it.....forever 

If it's boring to us (and it is), it would be boring to God...well, unless God were really some egocentric human writer of biblical fiction.

End3 wrote to Florduh...

If someone did have a spiritual standard...and it wasn't Christianity...would End3 like it? Or not?

End3 wrote to Florduh...

True. Sometimes after praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I find myself in the Olive Garden restaurant eating delicious pasta. Coincidence?

Sometimes I ask Xenu to pick out a good movie for me. Invariably I end up watching a Tom Cruise flick. smile.png

Only gods can do that!!

Do I hope what I believe is true? 

Well actually I have this tiny hope that I'm wrong. I don't believe there is any afterlife, but it'd be cool if I reincarnated. Anyway, que sera, sera. 

If something actually happens after my death that resembles an afterlife, I'm sure it's not the Christian version. With all the errors in the Bible, how could they get that right either? 

• Like 2

Reality is interesting enough. Why do we need beliefs?

"Just the facts, ma'am."

• Like 1