Goodbye Jesus

Thank You So Much!

Brother Jeff

This thread is for everybody here, but specifically for those who were here a little over three years ago who helped me through a very dark and scary time in my life back in May of 2011. That was a while back now and I don't have too much reason to think about it often anymore, but it is fresh on my mind now because of the tragic death of Robin Williams. I have bipolar disorder as many of you know, and not a day goes by that I don't think about mental health issues in some capacity. I've been doing a lot of thinking and writing about depression and suicide since the news of Robin Williams suicide was made public. 

Back in May of 2011, I posted a very intense topic on suicide that a lot of loving and caring people here responded to:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/45970-suicide/

I wrote this yesterday on Facebook, along with posting the above link:

Been thinking a lot about the severe bipolar crisis I went through a little over three years ago, because of Robin William's tragic death. It was really bad, and I would not be here now if I had not gotten professional help. I spent a week in the hospital and I have them to thank for saving my life. But I also have incredible friends who care very much about me. I read through this old thread this morning and cried because I remembered how deeply depressed and suicidal I was. I read through it again this afternoon and smiled because I remembered the love and caring and support from amazing online friends that helped me get through a really dark time in my life... I still visit these forums frequently and love and appreciate everyone there. I am understood and loved and accepted there, and that means the world to me...

Sometimes I am not around here for a while, but I never forget this place. It is so sad that Robin Williams is gone and so sad how he chose to end suffering that is beyond the comprehension of most people. I came so close back in May of 2011 to ending my own life, so William's death really hit home hard with me. I am still here alive and healthy and HAPPY because I got the professional help that I needed, but also because I got so much love and caring and support from people here.

People come and go on internet forums all the time, and some of those people who responded to my thread three years ago are not around here anymore. I wish I had a way to let them know that I still am so grateful for their compassion and caring. But for those of you who are still here, know that three years ago you helped save my life. I am healthy and I am happy now and my mental health is so good that most of the time I can't even tell that I have bipolar disorder. I feel great most of the time and I function normally.

A lot of good things have happened to me since those dark days of 2011. I have finally completed school and I am getting ready to start what I know will be a very rewarding career as a Health Coach. One of my target markets is the mentally ill. If I can recover from years of severe mental illness and be so happy and so healthy now, I know that I can help others do the same. 

I am still here alive and well on this earth because I got the professional help that I so desperately needed at the time, but I'm also still here loving and enjoying life tremendously because of the awesome and loving and caring people here. How do you thank people enough for helping to save your life? Words are not enough... and I love and appreciate you all so much!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Hi Brother Jeff,

Congrats on completing school. I sometimes wish I had the motivation to go into higher learning, but I am fairly lazy. I have free weights sitting in the garden that are weed incrusted now……Good luck in with working as a Health Coach, it sounds like a rewarding job. I shall be starting work next week for a courier firm (not so rewarding)

All the very best health and happiness to you

• Super Moderator

You writing about your experiences have helped others, so thank you for that!  

I'm so glad you're still here and happy that you're happy and enjoying life!    cloud9_99.gif

You writing about your experiences have helped others, so thank you for that!  

I'm so glad you're still here and happy that you're happy and enjoying life!    cloud9_99.gif

Me too, Sister! I am so happy and so grateful to still be here alive and well and happy. And three years later, I still feel so much gratitude for the help I got from the loving, caring, compassionate people on this glorious site. That certainly includes you! Glory!