Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Calms A Storm -- Wtf!

amateur

• Super Moderator

Come on and join the party! The ex-c men are real men who know how to steer their big ol' boat through a wild storm! They aren't afraid of getting a little wet!

One of the ante-Nicene church fathers (Justin Martyr, perhaps?) explained the lack of a recorded baptism of the disciples by claiming that water sprinkled on them during the boat ride constituted a baptism.

...the more you know. smile.png

Is this for real? Did someone actually come up with this as one of the most pathetic apologist arguments ever?

It is! In this context I posted it for amusement value, but I did in fact read this argument from an ante-Nicene father. And if it was Justin Martyr, it would have been in one of his apologies. So literally it would be an apologetic argument.

Thanks for sharing this -- both for the amusement value (on several levels) and the strangely factual value!

We should set sail again sometime.  Speaking for myself, I had a lovely and rather exciting time!  And, Redneck Professor, you even showed up in one of my dreams -- and I don't even know what you look like!

I sent an upgraded avatar of myself.  I assure you I cannot be held responsible for anything it did.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

^^^^In that case, I thank your oh-so-cute upgraded avatar for the very enjoyable time I had!