Goodbye Jesus

Got A Message From A Friend

Justin

We should perhaps create a library of sample replies to this sort of thing? This is an excellent reply!

I think that this is a great idea.

Great response, Justin.  It was heartfelt, true and real.

By the way, Justin, have I ever told you that you live in one of the most beautiful places in the world?

Thanks Deva.

Are you a fan of the mountains too?

If I were to respond, I would say something along the lines of:

It seems to me that you have a great fear of hell. Indeed, your entire message is based in fear. 

If you examine it clearly, you will find that your attempt to win me back into the fold is equivalent to a mafia thug warning me about what happens to people who betray the "family." 

I am not interested in joining a religious group run by a supernatural mob-boss. And, honestly, do you really think that god can be "love itself" and still bust people's kneecaps for not doing what he says? I don't.

If I were to respond, I would say something along the lines of:

It seems to me that you have a great fear of hell. Indeed, your entire message is based in fear. 

If you examine it clearly, you will find that your attempt to win me back into the fold is equivalent to a mafia thug warning me about what happens to people who betray the "family." 

I am not interested in joining a religious group run by a supernatural mob-boss. And, honestly, do you really think that god can be "love itself" and still bust people's kneecaps for not doing what he says? I don't.

Like i said, the Christian fears hell, not the atheist.

Great response, Justin.  It was heartfelt, true and real.

By the way, Justin, have I ever told you that you live in one of the most beautiful places in the world?

Thanks Deva.

Are you a fan of the mountains too?

Yes, and my grandmother lived in your area. Its funny how people will pay big bucks to live by the ocean down here, but I would rather be in old Virginia -scenery-wise.