Goodbye Jesus

"god's Not Dead" Movie

Yalta

Judging soley from the trailer (I have not read anything else about this movie yet), I'm going to guess the plot line: Professor hates god because someone he loved died a miserable death. In the end, he will be moved by the christian, see the light, and come back around to god. Praise be!

There, I just saved you the price of the admission ticket.

Almost.  What actually happens is said professor spouts off about how their is no god and challenges god to knock him off his podium.  A marine then jumps up, punches him in the face and the xian students giddily laugh, high five and Lee Greenwood music carries out the film credits. 

• Like 1

This movie looks awesome.  With any luck the professor converts to xianity and then, moved by the spirit, molests that kid who converts him causing him to become an angry atheist.  Bam.  We have a sequel.

mwc

^^^This!!GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Because like Professor Radisson, I too secretly hate god, I offered my own reflections of the film trailer on my blog.

Outstanding! I even learned a few things from this. What a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin Sorbo is famous for having played a mythological character, and now similarly plays a character from urban legend. Classic!

Oh brother. I noticed how the music in the trailer always changed when the Xian was talking or on screen--more hopeful music. I hate this kind of pseudo-subliminal manipulation. Of course, as well, the prof is an angry atheist (not all atheists are angry) and it's bullshit that this dumb kid calls down the prof saying "Why do you hate God?"

Pullleeeeease.

Because like Professor Radisson, I too secretly hate god, I offered my own reflections of the film trailer on my blog.

Hi, HA!! LOVE your blog!!!

I just read your bit on 'Computer Brains'. I love your recollections of Petra!!!

Hi, HA!! LOVE your blog!!!

I just read your bit on 'Computer Brains'. I love your recollections of Petra!!!

Thanks. Seeing the Newsboys in the film trailer reminded me a bit of my CCM days. Of course those Newsboys aren't the ones I remember, as none of the original band members are there anymore. I guess they're the Theseus' paradox of CCM.

I guessed this would be one of those nauseatingly, falsely inspirational pieces of rubbish in the same category as Last Ounce of Courage/Every Young Man's Battle. Yup.

This brazenly pumps the stereotype about atheist professors who want nothing more than to hate God and publicly destroy Xians/conservatives. I gagged. Really.

Perhaps you can see what this is like if it's reversed. Imagine if atheists went around telling believers that they don't really believe. Picture them telling Christians that if they really believed in hell they'd never have children for fear of them dying and going there or that they should walk around constantly terrified that they may have misunderstood the Bible and are in danger of eternal torture. Atheists could tell people who profess to believe that they are just lying and are angry with reality. Instead of acknowledging reality they persist in denying the fact of their own mortality, desiring rather to persuade others around them that there is an afterlife of bliss waiting for them so they have the illusion of false consensus.

This is brilliant! I'm going to have to learn to use this.

As a Philosophy minor, I wept bitter tears when I saw this trailer. The worst part is knowing that people will buy into this and further hate Philosophy. 

• Like 1