Goodbye Jesus

God-Shaped Hole?

amateur

Pawn: I have to admit that I had to mentally edit my OP a few times to NOT include any naughty bits! I was trying to be serious, and "god-shaped hole" DOES lend itself to some earthy

images!

I'm probably really naive, but I don't get this....

Soooo, anyone have any good "god-shaped orifice" jokes?

I also think the ideas above such as heroin-shaped hole, tv-shaped hole, sports-shaped hole in our hearts are good.  Right now, at this very second, I have a donut-shaped hole in my heart.  Mmmmmm!

yum.gif

When they say I got a god-shaped hole in my heart, I say,

"Oh yeah? Well you got a dick-shaped hole in yo mouf an I'm 'bout'ta fill'it, bitch!"

Jordan River has a god-shaped hole

sorry, couldn't resist   lol

• Like 2

Soooo, anyone have any good "god-shaped orifice" jokes?

I also think the ideas above such as heroin-shaped hole, tv-shaped hole, sports-shaped hole in our hearts are good.  Right now, at this very second, I have a donut-shaped hole in my heart.  Mmmmmm!

yum.gif

My brain has Cannabis shaped holes in certain receptor sites.

Oh, a god-shaped hole in the heart! Whew, when I saw the title of this thread I thought you were going to talk about Miley Cyrus!

lmao_99.gif

Since you asked, I think I may have a Super Nintendo shaped hole in my heart. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

"god shaped hole"

"personal relationship with God/Jesus"

"ours is an awesome God"

I loathe buzz words/phrases, Christian ones are especially annoying

• Like 2

It's an effective metaphor that creates a false dichotomy.  Quite brilliant marketing actually. 

Yes, it gives you an immediate picture in your mind, presents the need, and sells you the product.  That IS brilliant marketing.

• Like 1

"god shaped hole"

"personal relationship with God/Jesus"

"ours is an awesome God"

I loathe buzz words/phrases, Christian ones are especially annoying

Urgh. Me too. Slightly different but a phrase I notice a lot is 'doing what God would have us to do'. Who even talks like that outside of church come on mad.gif 'I'll take a double espresso and the skinny latte my wife would have me to buy.'. Don't get me started on prayer speak too!

• Like 1

And it would need to be a HUGE one for an omnipresent god to fit into that hole...

My wife definitely has one.  I worship it like an idol, pray for it to comfort me, and baby people come out of it from time to time.  Definitely God-shaped.yellow.gif

Rats! I tried to find a clip of Dana Carvey as the the Church Lady saying, "You're going straight to hell for that one!" but no such luck. Anyway, this made me laugh out loud, you naughty boy!

Can an all-powerful, all-knowing god create a hole that even He can't fill?