Goodbye Jesus

Just Some Whacky Thinking...

Guest end3

Another thing to consider is possibly look at taking classes. Even a cheaper community college may have much to offer if you are looking for personal development. I know we offer a physics class call Physics, the great ideas. It focuses more on the big discoveries and the big picture ramifications while limiting the math to basic equations.

You can also look to free sources such as Khan Academy and MIT OCW.

I think I got lost some how on this post, end3.  Your contemplations don't have anything to do with light passing through slits and trying to observe it.

What I would be curious to know more about is at which "frequency" of time does life first appear, and whether anything bizarre takes shape when you look at it on the quantum level.  As it is I think they just use units of time dividing the second into small, linear units, and mark positions in time as moments.  Pretty standard.  I'd be curious also to know how they interpret a moment when analyzing near light speed collisions, and whether interpretation of a moment has any characteristics we don't hear about.

Read about the amplituhedron....seemingly cool, but had a hard time visualizing that relationship to time.....I don't know other than the relativity is associated with the changing geometry. 

Really kind of makes sense in MY mind in that light would be "bogged down" over "time".  Why wouldn't the bogging down be associated with the geometry, ie collisions associated with the path?

Where are you RS?

Read about the amplituhedron....seemingly cool, but had a hard time visualizing that relationship to time.....I don't know other than the relativity is associated with the changing geometry. 

Really kind of makes sense in MY mind in that light would be "bogged down" over "time".  Why wouldn't the bogging down be associated with the geometry, ie collisions associated with the path?

Where are you RS?

Relativity is about time slowing down or speeding up.  So if you want to visualize it think about playing a video on slow mo or fast forward.

Where are you RS?

Relativity is about time slowing down or speeding up.  So if you want to visualize it think about playing a video on slow mo or fast forward.

Agreed.  The geometric model isn't supposed to be an actual representation of a 4th dimension, but a clever way to visualize it, a way to represent it.  I understand you can take the model further to 5th and 6th dimentions too, but the it gets pretty complicated after 4.

The easiest, most practical and common way to visualize the 4th dimension is to draw an x, y, z axis intersecting at an origin, and draw a fourth line through it with an arrow at just one end, calling it (t), time.  (x, y, z, t).  The origin point where it intersects the other 3 dimension then would represent the present moment, or what ever position in time you choose for a calc or whatever it is you're doing.  Then for changes in time you show t(0) and t(1) etc. to mark positions in time.  The delta symbol then (the triangle), is used to discuss changes in time, be they relative or linear or whatever.  I like to draw the (t) axis with a curve to it.