Goodbye Jesus

There And Back Again, An Agnostic Hobbits Tale

shortCakeSlayer

budgie009.jpg

Odo's happy hut... where she sleeps with her boyfriend Tommy. :)

SirenandIzzyandOdo001.jpg

Chip thief!

Okay, that is all. Thanks for humoring me. :)

Awwww, they're adorable!!!! I laughed so hard at the hut picture, she looks like she's chewing on it and you caught her in the act! Yes my birds occasionally stare down between their feet. I can never figure out why. They'll just stop randomly in the middle of some normal parroty action and stare intently between their toes. My male likes to hang upside down on my shirt and shadow box with my hair, as well. My female has a broken bell that she drags around the cage, and occasionally drops it all the way to the bottom. Pip always goes and gets it for her, and then she'll drop it again and watch him make the climb down to fetch it. Smart girl.

Back when I just had Pippin (the male) he figured out that same box + shape toy, as well, except he pulled all the shapes out and then promptly chucked them out of his cage somewhere. I only ever found half of them before we moved out of that place. Shape matching apparently angers him.

Do yours talk? Pippin says a few things: "Hello baby!" "Pippin!" "I love you" and "what are you?" (I think he's trying to mimic "what are you doing" but he can't get that last word) My female, Lulu, is a rescue, so she's kind of spastic, but super sweet, and is picking up all of Pippin's words.

Well, they don't talk nearly as well as most bigger parrots. They growl, kiss, cluck, whistle, and say something that sounds like "pretty bird" but most of the time they are intent in spouting their own jibberish. I feel bad because I got a job that took a lot of my time and they got kind of cage-bound and attached to eachother in the process. I am working on getting them less attached and used to me again. They are such sensitive little creatures. The male rescue will never warm up to me (although he loves my bf), but I am hoping my little Odo eventually goes back to her sweet self and not need to be with Tommy all the time when they are out of the cage.