Goodbye Jesus

Motion Sensored Public Restroom Sinks

Fweethawt

Ya'll better just stay in your sanitized US and never, ever, ever, visit India.

I have no plans to, and for exactly that reason. I can deal with the idea of a foreign culture, but if in this day and age a country still doesn't have proper toilets and sanitation for the vast majority of its citizens, then I'm not going to visit there.

my roommate is Indian. We have very differing attitudes on what constitutes "clean."

I have no plans to, and for exactly that reason. I can deal with the idea of a foreign culture, but if in this day and age a country still doesn't have proper toilets and sanitation for the vast majority of its citizens, then I'm not going to visit there.

smile.png

The reality is, you can get 5 star treatment for 1/2 star prices there, including perfectly clean toilettes. India rocks. Once you've had a head massage and shave at the barber there and have curry lobster hand delivered to your beach chair facing the most amazing sunset you've ever seen (even on Nat Geo), you'll never go back to your wet wiped, 3-car garage subdivided America. smile.png

Those hot air hand dryers can transmit E Coli (shit bacteria) because the dryer collects room air (that already has shit germs flying through the air from every toilet flush) and blows it onto your hands.

I call that, 'Butteria'.

smile.png

The reality is, you can get 5 star treatment for 1/2 star prices there, including perfectly clean toilettes. India rocks. Once you've had a head massage and shave at the barber there and have curry lobster hand delivered to your beach chair facing the most amazing sunset you've ever seen (even on Nat Geo), you'll never go back to your wet wiped, 3-car garage subdivided America. smile.png

I don't know about that. I've watched rainbows over St. Thomas from a private villa in the mountains of St. John, where my days were filled with snorkeling in Water Lemon Cay, drinking fruity beverages with rum in them, and eating conch fritters and spiny lobster. That's a bit more expensive than India, but quite nice just the same. :)

• Like 1

I'll tell you what I hate- public restroom doors that open INWARD. It's fucking stupid. You've just washed your hands, and now you've got to grab the same handle that everybody else has grabbed with their own dick-handler. Couldn't we put a little forethought into it when we build something?

This is exactly why I use a paper towel to open the door of the restroom at my job.

Please make sure the paper towel actually makes into a trash can...I pick up so many left behind by people who leave them on the floor when they miss. Yes, I acually pick up trash in public restrooms, then I DON'T wash my hands afterwards and probably carry the bacteria to mouth later. I haven't had the flu in over 20 years and I have a very mild cold about once every three or four years. I touch toilet seats, I never use the stupid paper things as I have no intention of licking the lid and I don't have open sores on my butt. I recognize we all have different ideas about what is sanitary enough, but I have never understood how people get so uptight about restrooms?

I am leaving tomorrow for France and the U.K. for a two week vacation. I have only been once before, Paris for ten days in 2000. From what I remember even the Europeans have a long way to go to catch up with North America when it comes to restrooms.

I recognize we all have different ideas about what is sanitary enough, but I have never understood how people get so uptight about restrooms?
People (mostly men, I would guess) are too stupid to pick up the seat before taking a leak. It splashes and dries on the seat, and that residue is just waiting to get carried home on your little, white hiney.

That's enough to make anyone uptight.

I am leaving tomorrow for France and the U.K. for a two week vacation. I have only been once before, Paris for ten days in 2000. From what I remember even the Europeans have a long way to go to catch up with North America when it comes to restrooms.

Never been to the UK and I don't remember what French bathrooms are like, but for the most part, I think they are catching up. Russian bathrooms are at least as spotless as in the US.

But given your post above, I was going to invite you along to India when I get around to going again, since you seem to be the only one here who could handle it. :)

Augh. Okay, what I can't stand is the auto-flush toilets. They always go off when I'm on the loo, and they SCARE me so bad I nearly fall (not that this is particularly difficult to do) -- and with my awesome startle-reflex, that's kinda dangerous.

I hate those auto-flush toilets too. If I stand in front of the sensor too long afterwards, adjusting my belt or stockings or otherwise not beating a hasty retreat, sometimes they flush again. What a waste of water.

Except for the fact that My cats would quickly discover it and start to play with it (and waste even more water), I wouldn't mind having an automatic faucet. Kind of *meh* on the auto-dispense soap thingies.

I recognize we all have different ideas about what is sanitary enough, but I have never understood how people get so uptight about restrooms?
People (mostly men, I would guess) are too stupid to pick up the seat before taking a leak. It splashes and dries on the seat, and that residue is just waiting to get carried home on your little, white hiney.

That's enough to make anyone uptight.

Funny thing is if everyone did their part the room would be decent. Of course some people don't care since it not their own. Without a doubt the bathroom is only as dirty as it is because everybody goes in there and tries to do everything in there without touching anything.