Goodbye Jesus

A Little Confused Right Now

atkegar

That question will never be answered. Moving "god can't be detected" goalposts.

I'm sorry, I don't understand, McD. Care to enlighten the confused? tongue.png

No matter how well we can peer into the cosmos or into the umpteenth dimension or whatever, god will ALWAYS be just outside our purview acc to religionists. soon as we figure it all out, they'll find a way to place god outside that "box". Convenient.

That's what I thought you were saying smile.png But one can always hope tongue.png

ETA: To be honest, I really don't know why anyone really cares. It really doesn't seem necessary for anything to believe in a diety. It's not like anyone appears to be getting special treatment regardless of whther they do or don't worship a diety.

No matter how well we can peer into the cosmos or into the umpteenth dimension or whatever, god will ALWAYS be just outside our purview acc to religionists. soon as we figure it all out, they'll find a way to place god outside that "box". Convenient.

That's what I thought you were saying smile.png But one can always hope tongue.png

ETA: To be honest, I really don't know why anyone really cares. It really doesn't seem necessary for anything to believe in a diety. It's not like anyone appears to be getting special treatment regardless of whther they do or don't worship a diety.

It's necessary to prevent being tortured for the other 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of our existence.

Guest Valk0010

I suspect the people on this site and people like us are sort of ahead of the bell curve. I suspect christianity becomes something akin to reformed judaism in coming decades. And I am not even sure that will be due to promoting things like critical thinking. I think most people will just realize, that belief in a god with hell is a extortion racket. I think it will just be people realizing they don't need a god to live full moral lives or believing in god will objectively make their lives worse.