Goodbye Jesus

What Is The Closest Thing You Have To A Religion If Your Not Religious?

Guest Valk0010

Well you ain't into shot gun weddings so I outta luck tongue.png

Yeah, sorry about that :P

Sports.

When I first confirmed my unbelief the NFL was the sport I was big into, so I picked up Ray Lewis as a figurehead, I think it was mainly because I wanted something blasphemous. To this day I don't write my name on my stuff (since I'm flatting and we're not communists), I'll write something like "Cult of Ray Lewis" on them and when I put some course notes on my wall to help me remember them I wrote them down as though they were holy tenets passed down by Ray Lewis.

But there are a lot of different sports and a lot of different leagues that I love.

Another thing I'd say is close to a religion is my interest in news media, though that's closer to a profession so it's probably not worth counting.

Classic & Vintage Motorcycles: Riding, restoring and enjoying, the older the better.

Aston Villa FC is my religion, Villa Park is my church. VTID SOTC

Craft brewed ale.

Cats. love 'em.

No more miraculous fantasies unless they're written by Tolkien or someone like that.

• Like 1

I have a lot of reverence for nature. 16 billion years is a lot more impressive than 6 days.

Absolutely. The 6 days less than 10,000 years ago is pure bullshit, based on what we now know.

My bird, my bird, and oh yes, my bird.

Most hours of the day you will find me browsing toys, looking at "how to" videos for building perches, posting pictures and videos of Skittles somewhere, learning bird anatomy, reading up on bird behavior and training tips, etc.

I would say the next closest thing after him would be...this site.

Hmmm... Cats, George Carlin, and BOOKS.

• Like 1

Ha! I posted THAT in the wrong thread. Lol.

• Like 1

I gave you a point for making me laugh. I love those, "whoops, wrong thread!" edits LOL

I gave you a point for making me laugh. I love those, "whoops, wrong thread!" edits LOL

Lol. That feeling of no control as you've already hit "enter" as you read the title of the thread you are replying to...

• Like 1

Reading books, especially mystery and non-fiction. Also, the worship of anything made by Ryukishi07, no matter how sketchy.

Ok, since I was reading this thread and accidentally posted here...

I had to think about this for a while. I don't know that I have anything close to a "religion" anymore. Even though I go to a UU church, it's not what most would call a religious experience for me.

If you define religion as: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and the purpose of the universe (dictionary.com) --without all the other garbage tacked onto the end of that definition, I guess my religion is the quest itself.

Love is my god.

Psychology is my messiah.

Running is my holy spirit.

Music is my prayer.

Art is my worship.

Freud is my homeboy.

(Lol just kidding about that last one.)

• Like 1

My bird, my bird, and oh yes, my bird.

Most hours of the day you will find me browsing toys, looking at "how to" videos for building perches, posting pictures and videos of Skittles somewhere, learning bird anatomy, reading up on bird behavior and training tips, etc.

I would say the next closest thing after him would be...this site.

I love birds. Idk how I ended up with a cat. I was all ready to get a bird at Christmas, but my mom said she wanted a kitten so I caved and got my mom a cute little devil kitten.

My last bird was an albino budgie and quite probably mentally challenged. She kinda grew on me tho, but as you can imagine, a bird that special can't survive for a long time...

This is just pure curiosity.

For me its pro wrestling. I love it, watch it. Its my pipe dream career to be involved in some capacity.

What about you all?

Does RICK FLAIR count? Did he call himself "The Nature Boy"----Am I remembering that correctly????

My Gandpapa used to watch that shit all the time on his-big-assed-ZENITH-black-and-white-with-the-gold-speaker-fabric-on-the-sides-television set >>>>>>and I ABSOLUTELY ADORED RICK FLAIR. I grew up in the 70s and I had such a CRUSH on him!!!

OK....serious repressed memories bubbling up.... ;)

• Like 1

Guest Valk0010

This is just pure curiosity.

For me its pro wrestling. I love it, watch it. Its my pipe dream career to be involved in some capacity.

What about you all?

Does RICK FLAIR count? Did he call himself "The Nature Boy"----Am I remembering that correctly????

My Gandpapa used to watch that shit all the time on his-big-assed-ZENITH-black-and-white-with-the-gold-speaker-fabric-on-the-sides-television set >>>>>>and I ABSOLUTELY ADORED RICK FLAIR. I grew up in the 70s and I had such a CRUSH on him!!!

OK....serious repressed memories bubbling up.... wink.png

Do you remeber Wahoo Mcdaniel? Good era for wrestling and good area for it.

My favorite ric flair promo

I DO !! I DO REMEMBER WAHOO McDANIEL!!! I DO ! I DO!

***of course if you had not said his name, I would not have, because my mind is fixated on Riiiiiiiiiick....AHHhhhhhhhh....Flair****

But YES! I SO remember Wahoo McDaniel. Cool. wink.png

Love is my god.

Psychology is my messiah.

Running is my holy spirit.

Music is my prayer.

Art is my worship.

Freud is my homeboy.

(Lol just kidding about that last one.)

Hmmm... Freudian slip??? :D

WITH A TEAR IN HIS EYE!!!!!!! ***put that cigarette out!***

Those belts are SO FUCKING COOL.

I loved it when they would "steal" them from each other, talk trash and beat on each other in the after match presser...CLASSIC!

This has made me so nostalgic. (I miss my Grandpapa so bad all of the sudden...)

Thanks!

• Like 1