Goodbye Jesus

The Nt Seems Historically Reliable To Me, Why Am I Wrong?

Kaiser01

It's not like we take Tacitus seriously when he talks about traveling to lands where he met men who had their faces in their midsections. Just because it says it's a history doesn't mean it's accurate.

People who want to make the Bible historical are kind of funny in their way; it's like even they realize that if its various claims aren't true, then it can only fall back upon its philosophy--which isn't much besides barbaric, oppressive, backward, and cruel. If the claims were true, then the rest of us would have to figure out what we'd do with the philosophy. But as it is, we are free to assess the philosophy on its own and decide if we want to live our lives guided by its bizarre principles.

Well i didnt just get this from CARM site, ive heard it many times before and have read it in some of josh mc dowels books.

I can see the problem here now, it isnt externally cross checked. this is why you find the documents to be full of errors and holes and things like the tacitus and external historical accounts say nothing of the existence of Jesus.

I laughed when Josh Mc dowel tried to claim that there where extra outside sources of history that talked of jesus, not a single one said anything about jesus.

Josh McDowell's one of those guys who thinks if he just says it often enough and with enough sincerity, it'll become true.

Guest Valk0010

Josh McDowell's one of those guys who thinks if he just says it often enough and with enough sincerity, it'll become true.

He also likes appeal to consensus alot.

Why is there a empty tomb?

Cause alot of people say there was.

Well, there you go. It must be true, then!

Guest Valk0010

Well, there you go. It must be true, then!

lol

I think I visited 3 tomb locations in Israel. The NT & OT are about as reliable historically as the Book of Mormon.

Venice and Rome both had, at one point, the magic barn where Jesus was born. It was miraculously transported from Jerusalem over to their church, you see. Except you can't see it anymore. It's way below the ground and cordoned off. If I hadn't already thoroughly deconverted before learning medieval and Renaissance history, the antic of the Church and its increasing power-lust and desperation to prey upon the gullible flocks would have done the trick. You can't trust fuck-all ANYTHING about Christianity at this point.

Venice and Rome both had, at one point, the magic barn where Jesus was born. It was miraculously transported from Jerusalem over to their church, you see. Except you can't see it anymore. It's way below the ground and cordoned off. If I hadn't already thoroughly deconverted before learning medieval and Renaissance history, the antic of the Church and its increasing power-lust and desperation to prey upon the gullible flocks would have done the trick. You can't trust fuck-all ANYTHING about Christianity at this point.

I went to the "cave" Jesus was "born" in, in Bethlehem. It's under an Armenian church where creepy old guys in Anton LeVey's outfits prance around like Emporer Palpatine. I wouldn't go in it. Did I already tell you this? Our Israeli tour guide was hilarious, he'd be all, "Dee kiss the rock. What can hurt it can only help." And I'd be all, "Fuck that." LOL And there is like 5 Xian churches on the site and all the religious dumbass priests fight with each other. Israel is a great place to see how disturbing religion really is.

I went to the village in the Archangel region of Russia where Santa Clause (Ded Morose) is from. My wife and I even had our pics taken for the local paper and we signed the guest book as the American delegation's visit to the Santa village.

Santa (Father Frost) and his niece Snow Girl served us caviar and vodka on a red carpet with white rabbits scattered about the room.

True story.

I went to the village in the Archangel region of Russia where Santa Clause (Ded Morose) is from. My wife and I even had our pics taken for the local paper and we signed the guest book as the American delegation's visit to the Santa village.

Santa (Father Frost) and his niece Snow Girl served us caviar and vodka on a red carpet with white rabbits scattered about the room.

True story.

Someone with an in! For this Christmas I want a real digital SLR camera to replace my film one, along with an all-expenses paid trip to Spain. Thanks.

True story.

Sounds like a lot more fun than my Armenian friends.

True story.

Someone with an in! For this Christmas I want a real digital SLR camera to replace my film one, along with an all-expenses paid trip to Spain. Thanks.

Consider it passed along. :)

Guest Valk0010

I think I visited 3 tomb locations in Israel. The NT & OT are about as reliable historically as the Book of Mormon.

That is one of the main reasons I laughed at the mcdowell thing.