Goodbye Jesus

Christianity And Cultural Influences

antix

Therei sthis show on national geo channel called american outliers (Tues evenings). Now it is the Hutterites, but 2-3 months ago it was Doomsday preppers. There was this one minister from NC who had a secret room loaded with weapons galore.

I'm going to be OCD and say that American Outliers is a block of programming, not a show in and of it's self. The Hutterites and Doomsday Preppers just happen to be part of that block of programming.

I couldn't help but notice most of the people who had loads of guns or something were either religious or ex-military. I think the smart ones are the ones that prep by making bows since eventually we'd run out of the supplies needed to create ammunition. There was one family though that moved to a high part of TN because they thought there was going to be another Noah's flood... I really love watching that show.

It is a good show, but disturbing. That guy in Maine teaching his little kids all this stuff and walking around liek he is the shit: very disturbing. Let kids be kids.

I have some guns but they're not for home defense. I don't have a dog and my house is not wired so if someone breaks in at night it'll be more likely that I'm woken up with a gun in my face than meeting the invader and putting one in his.