Goodbye Jesus

There, Their......

florduh

"Loose" can also be used as a verb, but not the way that people on the internet use it. For example, if you "loose the dogs," you are releasing them.

And English is a funny old language, due to the fact that it takes bits and pieces from every other language. That makes it interesting.

This isn't a homonym, but another one that bugs me is the misuse of "couple." Friends, that word means TWO. It does not mean 3 or 4 or 6 or 10. It does not mean a few. It means TWO.

;)

• Like 1

This isn't a homonym, but another one that bugs me is the misuse of "couple." Friends, that word means TWO. It does not mean 3 or 4 or 6 or 10. It does not mean a few. It means TWO.

wink.png

and several means 3-4, I've always found that annoying.

wink.png

and several means 3-4, I've always found that annoying.

The difference there is that, despite the dictionary definition, I have never even heard any one use "several" to mean just a few, such as 3-4. It generally means a little more than just a few in every clarified usage I've ever heard or seen it in. Thus, I believe that the definition of "several" should be revised to what the word is actually used for.