Goodbye Jesus

Hi From A Deconverting Ex-Christian

atkegar

'Atheist' is totally bad ass. Own it.

I agree with you on that. But since I wrote this, I have been considering other options. I do know that I do not believe in any type of God as "other". I do need to eliminate the possiblility of pantheism though.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

'Atheist' is totally bad ass. Own it.

I agree with you on that. But since I wrote this, I have been considering other options. I do know that I do not believe in any type of God as "other". I do need to eliminate the possiblility of pantheism though.

Pantheism. Wow, interesting! Huh. After writing that post about my views on "god," I've been thinking along the same lines, myself! smile.png

I personally believe in the combined physical and mental/spiritual types of substance, as opposed to having physical substance alone. As analytical, linear, and hyper-logical as I am, it makes no sense I know, yet I've had far too many bizarre experiences in my life to not believe in the mental/spiritual, so. . .

Hmmm. . . which makes me a Pagan, doesn't it? And, I suppose that also means I'm a Dualist Pantheist--as opposed to a Naturalist Pantheist? And, I'm a Buddhist Duelist Pantheist, so . . .

Then, "Pagan Buddhist Duelist Pantheist" it is. (Just please, don't make me say that three times fast, or I may strain my tongue!)

I guess I'd better change my profile then, huh?

Considering how Conservative Religious Right it is where I live though, I'll do that right after I order a bunch of t-shirts that say, "Only You Can Prevent Forrest Fires: Please Don't Burn Me at the Stake!" and, "Yes, I already know that I'm going to hell--see ya there!"--with great big smiley faces on them. smile.png

Welcome! I'm glad you are here. Ive been deconverted for about a year, and this place is the only thing that has kept me sane. There are some really great people here.

Also, if you have questions, feel free to post them as their own thread. It might be the easiest way to get answers. :)