Goodbye Jesus

What Movies Helped You In Your Deconversion?

NeverAgainV

Here's a good one I stumbled on today (off The Thinking Atheist's facebook wall), so it didn't help in my de-conversion, but it would have if I had seen it at the time:

• Like 1

jblueep's post just reminded me of something I saw in my earlier stages. Has anyone seen Zeitgest the movie? It's all about conspiracy theories, but the first piece covers the Christ Myth Theory and is an interesting viewing.

• Like 1

jblueep's post just reminded me of something I saw in my earlier stages. Has anyone seen Zeitgest the movie? It's all about conspiracy theories, but the first piece covers the Christ Myth Theory and is an interesting viewing.

Heard of it, but have not seen it.

I would have to say The Matrix was the movie that I most identify with now as a de-convert from Christianity. I have used it many times as a metaphor for my de-conversion experience when speaking with others. I felt like I had taken the red pill along with Neo when I started down the de-conversion path. I quite literally felt like I was in a freefall for several months after I really started questioning the very basis for the validity of Christianity and the Bible being the literal, inspired, inerrant, Word of God. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. After much reading and introspection over the past couple of years, I have mostly regained my equilibrium at this point.

BTW, this is my first post here at ex-christian.net. Great forum! I hope to post more in the future and hopefully contribute something meaningful as well.

• Like 1

Not really a movie, but evid3nc3's series on "Why I am no longer a Christian" played a huge role in my deconversion. I went from someone with a few doubts and questions to seriously considering it all being a lie in only a few hours. It was quite jarring.

OMG I watched this like 3 times when i was early into my new life. I stumbled on it when i found the term "deconversion". Its moving. and the videos are beautifully done. Be still my soul is playing in the background, used to be one of my favorites.

• Like 1

Matrix, Contact.

• Like 1

I would have to say The Matrix was the movie that I most identify with now as a de-convert from Christianity. I have used it many times as a metaphor for my de-conversion experience when speaking with others. I felt like I had taken the red pill along with Neo when I started down the de-conversion path. I quite literally felt like I was in a freefall for several months after I really started questioning the very basis for the validity of Christianity and the Bible being the literal, inspired, inerrant, Word of God. That was about 2 1/2 years ago. After much reading and introspection over the past couple of years, I have mostly regained my equilibrium at this point.

BTW, this is my first post here at ex-christian.net. Great forum! I hope to post more in the future and hopefully contribute something meaningful as well.

The Matrix is great! It helped me when I watched it during some very black night of the soul times of de-converting.

Life Trekker- Welcome!! I know what you mean about the freefall after feeling like you've taken the red pill! It took me a few years to feel "normal"...I had forgotten what that was like.

I hope you like it here at Ex-C! :)

Guest Valk0010

This one happened recently because it helped in a debate on the problem of evil.

Saw

If god is the creator of whatever we will freely choose to do via circumstance and as a response to cause and effect then God is jigsaw.

• Like 2