Goodbye Jesus

I Am So Stupid: I Prayed Today And Guess What? Nothing Happened!

Positivist

• Super Moderator

Miffed? How about bewildered. I just don't get how the existence of a god is demonstrated by nothing happening.

• Like 1

Well here is what originally went through my mind when I read the OP.......is that Positivist believes somewhere in her person while simultaneously bummed on the exterior with God.

About the test thing. I won't go look, but am sure there are numerous verses that suggest the whole thing is a test. If it's true, then any and all reality could be test data. It's not really irrational in that if bad things happen or we don't get the answer we are looking for, then what will our faith be. Certainly there are things that cause us to loose our faith. Some horrific. There is no good answer.

If we choose to see the evidence for the story as a function of many irrational stances, then there you are....you change your perspective to fit the new set......in other words being "reborn" to another belief.

So it's difficult for me at the moment. I can see people doing Godly, and life-choosing things outside of giving credit to some Cause. I just personally think the Cause is the Christian God.

I've argued this before. If the story is correct, there was a time when God was immediately present with people......."I will be your God and you will be my people". And then there was a time where Jesus was present and all we have to do is remain faithful.....not even do the rules or die. And then gives the Bible and the HS so that we may see to chose life rather than death.....but says "I'll be back" at some point.

So the thing is, why would Jesus or God act in a time where people are to be acting on God's behalf. There were already chances for that time where God did those things for people.....and the story says, "that's ok God, we got this". So now, I don't understand why, because of the time of the story in which we were born, can we not see, that God is us acting......with one provision....that we will have the garden and things we desire BACK provided we remain faithful.

It pretty much goes with the story.....you didn't want me once, you didn't want me twice, but here's the handbook and all my love and I will be back to get you if you don't forget me.

How really would we teach humanity other than letting them learn on their own. The story sounds remarkably like my life with my teenager at the moment.

And call me nuts all yall wish. It's rational. As I was saying before, it's nuts if you are in a transition of teaching yourself that you were nuts before.

End I do not think the story is correct.

Like any myth the pivotal word is believe. Like you say, "all we have to do is remain faithful....not even do the rules or die."

I do not think you're nuts, I just think the story line misses the point and is incorrect.

Guest end3

End I do not think the story is correct.

Like any myth the pivotal word is believe. Like you say, "all we have to do is remain faithful....not even do the rules or die."

I do not think you're nuts, I just think the story line misses the point and is incorrect.

A little frustrated today so please bear with me.

Of my alternatives, I don't have any or none that compete with, probably not the factual accuracy, but in type, the Bible. I find it difficult to believe that a document that supports a reasoning for our existance as well as matches so well with observed reality, (provided we can see the associations), can be brought forth by ancient generations.

I personally appear incapable of promoting life to the degree my heart really desires, but on the same note, my heart does desire wellbeing and life for people. There appears reasonably a dichotomy that I cant ignore and that I struggle daily with.

So, religion is just that until it's soaks in. It's just a shame there is a need.

I'm willing to listen, but I've yet to hear the validity that I need to change my religious efforts.

I understand End!