Goodbye Jesus

I Just Whitnesed A Real Live "jesus Camp" At A Asembly Of God Church, Most Cultic Thing I Have Seen.

Kaiser01

I've seen some pretty whacky stuff in my aunt's and grandma's AG churches and in one of my uncle's non denominational charismatic churches...but I've never heard a preacher start neighing. I can't decide whether to be horrified or to just laugh at him. Neighing? Jumping Jesus Christ...I'm glad you made it out alive.

Its like voo-doo. I never saw anything so crazy as what you described, with the full on screaming and acting like a horse, once I did see this guy convulsing like he was having an epileptic fit. There was this other girl who when she'd catch the spirit, her eeyes would roll back in her head and all you see was the whites.

And then they'd snap out of it and it was like "okay now lets all go pig out at the diner!" wtf

My chi alpha group got into the Toronto thing for a while. I didn't hear any animal noises, but "holy laughter" and falling down, I never "got it." I spoke in tongues, but I never got any of the slain in the spirit stuff.

Lol it was so funny everyone of them was having convulsions and screaming like they were watching a murder but as soon as it was over they where like, so… where do you want to eat. I was like WTF?

I must say I think the church I went to was worse than the Toronto thing or maybe it was about the same. The same screaming you heard in the video you also heard at the AOG church I was at but I think what I saw was worse but maybe its just because I was actually at this one.

I really wanted to leave the whole time but I was mesmerized because well I had never seen anything like it before and I simply wanted to see what psycopathmatic thing happened next. I told my friend about it as he is a reasonable person and even he said what happened that night was off the chain and something that never happens. But I was outright disturbed by what I saw, not scared but just disturbed.

Holy crap, that's insane even by fundie standards! I got disturbed just reading it.

Are those feral humans in that video?

Do these type of people have day jobs? I just can't picture normal, everyday people doing these kinds of things.

I really wanted to leave the whole time but I was mesmerized because well I had never seen anything like it before and I simply wanted to see what psycopathmatic thing happened next. I told my friend about it as he is a reasonable person and even he said what happened that night was off the chain and something that never happens. But I was outright disturbed by what I saw, not scared but just disturbed.

I hope you aren't planning to go back. At first, its like smoking a cigarette for the first time -disgusting, but then you slowly get inured to it.

I hope you aren't planning to go back. At first, its like smoking a cigarette for the first time -disgusting, but then you slowly get inured to it.

Lol no way am i going back, i just wanted to see them speak in tounges i didnt want to see zulu war dances and people acting like horses.

LOL! Welcome to the assemblies of God. I spent a lot of time in groups that were so far out there that even the AOG kicked them out.

I've been to "the toronto blessing" and seen it first hand. I've also been to services a lot like have been described above in a real AOG church.

I've also seen a sick halloween thing done at an AOG church to scare children into converting. the AOG and groups like it are very sick indeed.

It's a carefully played out form of mass hysteria and hypnosis. and it's all pure manipulation. the people that run these sorts of group are some of the most greasy sleazy con-men I have ever met. the rest in leadership are gullible people who really should know better. the rest (the congregation) are just brainwashed zombies that desperately want to feel anything supernatural, or at least convince themselves they have so that they don't have to admit to themselves that they are living a lie..

I have a lot of bile to get out from experiencing things like this more times than I can count since 2004. all I can say is thank the flying spaghetti monster I'm on Ex-c instead of involved in this bullshit anymore.

• Like 1

Hell...you should have tried to go up to a hot looking woman and sweep her off her feet and then say "DA LAWD HAS COMMANDED ME TO ENGAGE YOU IN HOLY SEX!"....I bet she would have fallen for it.......smile.png

Heh, if you are the pastor, or one of those creeps that people think is a prophet. that might actually work. I doubt it would work for just a regular random person though.

What was really funny was the first thing the guy talked about was tithing which is what his pay check is based on and then he said the holy spirit told him to sell his CD's at half price... 30 bucks. He mentioned money alot and kept saying you will be blessed in monetary terms and tithing is a "honor".

Hell...you should have tried to go up to a hot looking woman and sweep her off her feet and then say "DA LAWD HAS COMMANDED ME TO ENGAGE YOU IN HOLY SEX!"....I bet she would have fallen for it.......smile.png

lol i thought about it...

Lol it was so funny everyone of them was having convulsions and screaming like they were watching a murder but as soon as it was over they where like, so… where do you want to eat. I was like WTF?

Lol

I could write a book about all the insane stuff I saw in the 25 years I attended these kinds of churches. Even then I found it interesting that God saved the craziest pouring out of his spirit for revivals and summer camp.

Decades later I still remember a visiting pastor telling an infertile woman in our church that God told him she would have a baby, that it would be a boy and then described what the child would look like. She just cried and cried. I can't imagine what it was like for her when that baby never became a reality.

This stuff isn't just crazy, it's tragic. sad.png

LOL. I'm sorry but that video cracked me up.

DUDE... the lady in the white shirt and long skirt is having a freaking orgasm from 0:45 to 1:10. FOR REALZ. She climaxes at 1:07. SERIOUSLY. It looks she did!! LMAO

On a more serious note, I think this funny video and all of those 'faith healing' groups are examples of Mass Hysteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_hysteria

Mass hysteria—other names include collective hysteria, group hysteria, or collective obsessional behavior—is the spontaneous manifestation of the same or similar hysterical physical symptoms by more than one person.

I totally want to see a YouTube video of either this, or something similar to it.

Ok Yalta, watch this. They call it the Toronto Blessing, and here is a video where you can see people acting like animals during the service:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCeVZ6e2T0E

This kind of shit was done in my church as well. I personally never did animal sounds or ran around like crazy or did this kind of extreme stuff, but many did. The farthest I went was speaking in tongues and falling on the floor when a pastor laid hands on me.

While I was in the church it never occured to me that it's not even Biblical. They like to quote 1 Corinthians 12:23-26 in defense of it:

23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, 25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!”

However this is talking about speaking in tongues and prophesying, not running around acting like crazy.

I'd also like to ask these churches what do they think the point of it is? Why does their God like to humiliate people like that? There is no point at all. It doesn't change people for the better. It doesn't do anything. Like I said I didn't do this extreme stuff but I did falling on the floor. It didn't do anything to me. I did not change. My life did not change. Nothing changed. Noone I knew changed because of this. So what's the point? If anything, it's just a shallow psychological trick.

I totally want to see a YouTube video of either this, or something similar to it.

Ok Yalta, watch this. They call it the Toronto Blessing, and here is a video where you can see people acting like animals during the service:

This kind of shit was done in my church as well. I personally never did animal sounds or ran around like crazy or did this kind of extreme stuff, but many did. The farthest I went was speaking in tongues and falling on the floor when a pastor laid hands on me.

While I was in the church it never occured to me that it's not even Biblical. They like to quote 1 Corinthians 12:23-26 in defense of it:

23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? 24 But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, 25 as the secrets of their hearts are laid bare. So they will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, “God is really among you!”

However this is talking about speaking in tongues and prophesying, not running around acting like crazy.

I'd also like to ask these churches what do they think the point of it is? Why does their God like to humiliate people like that? There is no point at all. It doesn't change people for the better. It doesn't do anything. Like I said I didn't do this extreme stuff but I did falling on the floor. It didn't do anything to me. I did not change. My life did not change. Nothing changed. Noone I knew changed because of this. So what's the point? If anything, it's just a shallow psychological trick.

so would you actualy describe to me what speaking in tongues is like and what did you actualy feel when you where doing it.

It's ok to be rational, but not to the point of acting like robots. Many of us have jobs that force us to act like robots 8 or 10 hours a day! I think there comes a time when the "animal" in us is suffocating and needs to be released. This kind of experience (in the video) is actually good for you. Notice how happy everybody is, they're all laughing.

One time I took a course in "well-being" and one of the exercises was to go in front of the class and scream as loud as you could for 10 seconds. If you didn't scream loud enough, the teacher would make you start over. One girls had to start over 6 or 7 times. Something inside of you heals when you do that.

I attended an AG college for over 3 years...

Wait, the Assemblies of God have a college?

I attended an AG college for over 3 years...

Wait, the Assemblies of God have a college?

I'm pretty sure they have more than one.

so would you actualy describe to me what speaking in tongues is like and what did you actualy feel when you where doing it.

I'm not the op but as someone who spoke in tongues for over two decades I can best describe it as a sort of build up of energy and a channeled outlet. It had a sort of meditative quality while chanting and I could feel an energy surge, for lack of a better description, and that energy would lessen (bringing a peaceful feeling) or intensify depending on my prayer's focus. I think it's just the power of hyperfocusing the brain. Where the actually gibberish comes from I have no idea. I honestly think sometimes I was just a lazy prayer warrior. LeslieLook.gif

That's the best I could describe it. smile.png

• Like 1

I still speak in tongues, whenever I want to. Which shows it has nothing to do with God and the Holy Spirit. It's basically just gibbersh. When I was a Christian of course I deluded myself into thinking it's God speaking through me, like all Pentecostal Christians delude themselves into that.

Like so many things in Christianity this whole speaking in tongues thing is a rip-off from pagan religions as they have practiced it long before Pentecost. For example Plato mentions it. The funny thing is, that according to the Bible tongues are a sign for unbelievers. But how can it be a sign for unbelievers when other religions practice it too? And in fact, they have practiced it before Christians?

How people are worked up in a frenzy where they start speaking in tongues is well explained in the Marjoe documentary:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-178629120699935619

• Like 1

My old church was almost as batshit crazy as the Assemblies of God sound. One memorable time the church leader proclaimed that the bottles of mineral water the band had at the front was "the living waters of g*d." Soon about 80% of the flock were off their heads as if they had been drinking shots at a club. The CL then started to throw this water over people. People were literally falling over as if they were drunk. This is the same church where young people who routinely roll around on the floor giggling like they had smoked something.

Unfortunately some of this took place before the era of video 'phones and up until 2008 they made you turn your mobiles off.