Goodbye Jesus

The Pastor On My Mind

blackpudd1n

Awww :( Lol maybe you've sown a seed of doubt and he's locked himself away researching?? :)

Goodbye Jesus

Maybe he's like me and only checks his email once or twice a week.

I still have to go on Facebook in addition to Ex-C because Ex-C doesn't update quickly enough to keep me occupied.

time to send a follow up email 'hey man, love to hear your thoughts re my last email' ?

Maybe he's like me and only checks his email once or twice a week.

That thought crossed my mind as well, but then again, he would have been expecting this email, due to the texting beforehand.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to send another text and asked if he received the email. Maybe there was a typo in the email address and he never got it.

Two weeks and still counting...unsure.png

Two weeks and still counting...unsure.png

Pretty much. I even just checked my spam folder, just to make sure, and there was nothing. I keep running different scenarios through my mind, but maybe I'll never actually get a reply, and never actually know what he thinks. I still have my doubts about him, though. That hasn't changed.

A non-answer is sometimes all the answer we get. A teacher wrote to me last week to ask about a particular pagan faith, as his high school students had apparently asked about it during a history lesson one day, and I wrote him back a fairly detailed synopsis of its general tenets and practice. Not a word back a week later, not even a "thanks for sending me that info" note. I figure I either completely weirded him out or he has no idea where to begin arguing with it. It did make me think of you and the pastor, Pudd.

Pretty much. I even just checked my spam folder, just to make sure, and there was nothing. I keep running different scenarios through my mind, but maybe I'll never actually get a reply, and never actually know what he thinks. I still have my doubts about him, though. That hasn't changed.

One thing is for sure: You got him thinking, if nothing else. If he was so sure in his beliefs, he would have replied confidently and quickly by now.

Darn, I read through the whole thing hoping to see what his response would be.

Darn, I read through the whole thing hoping to see what his response would be.

I'm sorry, thesadclown, we're all still waiting, including me :(

I don't know whether he considers me irrevocably lost, or whether he's looking into facts to come back with a response. I never really anticipated not receiving a response. I could call him up and say, "hey man, what's the go?", but I'm not quite ready yet to face a complete rejection from someone I admired and respected just yet. I'd like to just give him some more time first.

I could call him up and say, "hey man, what's the go?"

It's interesting to see different phrases from different parts of the world. I've never heard that expression before.

At any rate, good luck.

I could call him up and say, "hey man, what's the go?"

It's interesting to see different phrases from different parts of the world. I've never heard that expression before.

At any rate, good luck.

It basically just means "what's going on with you?" Or, "what is the problem here?"

I'm basically trying to decide whether to call him, send him another text, or another email. After reading Jblueep's latest thread about his journey with their pastor friend, I'm kind of thinking of saying, "hey, if you don't want to ever acknowledge my existence again, that's cool, but please, just tell me. I might be an atheist, but I still have feelings, and I'd rather be told to piss off than be left in limbo, agonising."

Send a plate of cookies. After he eats the last one, he'll see that the empty plate says, "WTF, DUDE?!?"

I don't know whether he considers me irrevocably lost, or whether he's looking into facts to come back with a response. I never really anticipated not receiving a response. I could call him up and say, "hey man, what's the go?", but I'm not quite ready yet to face a complete rejection from someone I admired and respected just yet. I'd like to just give him some more time first.

I would say if you haven't heard from him by the end of this week (which will make 3 weeks since you contacted him), then go ahead and call him up then because 3 weeks will have been plenty of time. If he rejects you, then you'll know he was obviously never worth admiring or respecting in the first place and then you can just put it out of your mind.

• Like 1

I would say if you haven't heard from him by the end of this week (which will make 3 weeks since you contacted him), then go ahead and call him up then because 3 weeks will have been plenty of time. If he rejects you, then you'll know he was obviously never worth admiring or respecting in the first place and then you can just put it out of your mind.

You are right, TotalWreck. Very right. I'm going to do just that. Thanks so much for clarifying that for me- you've helped me a lot :)

Okay, it's time to send the pastor a text. I'm just posting here to try and work out what I will write in it. I'm thinking of something along the lines of:

Hey Pastor _____________,

After sending you an email a few weeks ago, I was hoping to hear back from you. Maybe you have a lot going on in your life and just didn't get around to it. Or maybe someone who has blasphemed against the holy spirit isn't worth your time. I don't know. But if it is the latter, then I just wanted to wish you well, and thank you for the role you did play in my life. You encouraged my questions, and while my questions may not have led me to the place you hoped I would end up, I am peaceful and happy in my atheism. I wish you and _________ all the best.

So, that's where I'm up to, and that's what I think I will send him. I don't expect a response anymore. I guess a rejection by a christian had to happen sooner or later to me.

Message sent. I don't expect a reply.

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to this thread for your support. I probably would never have had the balls to send the email and now, send the text, if it wasn't for you all. Thanks heaps :) At least I know where I stand now, in a way.

OMG, he replied. and OMG, he's going to reply to the email!

• Like 1

Great! I can wait for you to tell us what he says!

OMex-G is right! Eek! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Great! I can wait for you to tell us what he says!

I know. Like, wow. He said that he'd been busy and that he'd actually put my email on his to-do list this morning. I wonder what he will say.

I know, the suspense is killing me!

i think its killing all of us lol :)

i think its killing all of us lol smile.png

lol yeah, I can't get anything done, keep checking my email.