Goodbye Jesus

The Pastor On My Mind

blackpudd1n

Yes, keep us updated. Some of us really don't have a life (OK, just talkin' about myself here blush.png ) and I keep checking Ex-C as if it's Facebook... Am I pathetic???

But seriously, Pudd, I am curious if your intuition is correct! smile.png

Positivist, I am just as bad, if not worse, because I have lost all interest in facebook, thanks to ex-c lol!

Yeah, I exchange little messages with people on FB, but mostly I don't find it interesting anymore. Ex-C is a real online community.

I was watching the movie about FB last night - more interesting than the actual thing.

So, I'm eager to hear what he replies to your great message.

Eek! I'm on pins and needles. I also think he's either deconverted or is struggling. But pudd, you know, admitting deconversion can be SUPER hard.

I'm not even remotely interested in becoming more advertising dollars for FB and risk my very preciously-guarded online security. I don't trust the bastards running that outfit at all after all the privacy worries they've had. My sister got her daughter an account for her 13th birthday and I seriously wanted to ask if she was high or something at the time.

Well, I did it. I wrote him a lengthy email, and talked about my journey to atheism, and some of the things I had learned. I told him that since my deconversion, he'd been on my mind, because I know how intelligent he is, how he researches and thinks, and that I had trouble believing that he still believed, and finally asked him if he did still believe. Now we wait.

Good for you, Pudd! Can't wait to see what his response will be! I really hope he's open to having a meaningful discussion with you. Unfortunately our former pastors have decided that we have leprosy. dry.png

Yes, keep us updated. Some of us really don't have a life (OK, just talkin' about myself here blush.png ) and I keep checking Ex-C as if it's Facebook... Am I pathetic???

Pos, if you are pathetic then so am I! I do the same thing! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

he's either composing a lengthy tome full of apologetics, or he won't respond at all.

If he doesn't respond it would likely mean he has doubts.

Well, I think I can stop waiting on an email at 1:30am. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Maybe he just needs time to think about what to say. :)

Maybe he just needs time to think about what to say. smile.png

Well, that would be more typical of him.

not to burst a bubble or anything but if he's smart I wouldnt expect a response from email. thats a permanent digital record that can be forwarded to god knows who. especialy out of the blue like that. hes probably questioning intentions. Thats a face to face conversation especially if he is active clergy

not to burst a bubble or anything but if he's smart I wouldnt expect a response from email. thats a permanent digital record that can be forwarded to god knows who. especialy out of the blue like that. hes probably questioning intentions. Thats a face to face conversation especially if he is active clergy

A face-to-face conversation isn't possible, as we live four hours apart. I'm more inclined to think he'll respond, but we'll see what happens.

I take it he never answered? :(

I take it he never answered? sad.png

No, not so far. I guess it's looking like I won't get a response, which is really disappointing.

Aw, I'm sorry Pudd. :(

Chin up :) At least he knows now. Maybe he just needs more time.

Well, either he's not replying, or I threw him such a curve ball he's still not sure how to react. At times I have wondered if I was arrogant in what I wrote. In the end I decided not to worry. I'm not a christian anymore, so the old roles and rules of engagement don't apply. No one can tell me anymore to shut up on account of christianity. The rules just don't apply anymore.

Maybe you shook his foundations, and he's deciding whether or not to chuck the whole thing and start over. :D

• Like 1

blackpudd1n, I just read your letter. Very well written. Good luck. I think it is a good sign that you haven't heard back yet.

That is a damn fine point. This might not be a bad sign at all. One never knows with sensitive stuff like this.

I'm impatient - I want to know his answer!tongue.png

To be fair, I do know there are some people who are really busy and only check their email every now and then...maybe he's that type of person.

I kind of like to think that he's researching. If he does still believe, I sent him something that is bound to cause a lot of conflict in him. He knows me. He knows how I question. He knows how I like to get to the root of an issue. I may never hear back from him. But I dare say, he's not going to forget that email in a hurry. If he does reply, you'll all be the first to hear about it :)

I would suspect that if he was still a firm believer, then he would likely have already replied in an attempt to correct your "evil ways." Perhaps the lack of a response is an indicator that he's not a firm believer, but perhaps is still in the closet and doesn't want to out himself. Good luck as you wait to see what happens.

I would suspect that if he was still a firm believer, then he would likely have already replied in an attempt to correct your "evil ways." Perhaps the lack of a response is an indicator that he's not a firm believer, but perhaps is still in the closet and doesn't want to out himself. Good luck as you wait to see what happens.

That's a good point, Citsonga. Though, who am I going to tell? I have not spoken nor seen anyone from that church in a couple of years. I do hope he is deconverting, though. I always liked him and had a lot of respect for him.

Well, he doesn't know that. For all he knows you're a journalist with some worldwide site.

That would certainly be nerve wracking waiting for a response! But whether or not you hear back I think you can be very proud of yourself for having the guts to contact him and tell him honestly what's on your mind. Good for you!

I have sent a text message to the number I have for him- he's had the same number for years. If he's changed it, I think I can still track him down. I asked him if he'd mind giving me his email address so...

Oh, he's already replied. He sent me his email address. I guess it's on now.

Welp, it's been one week now and no response. The fact that when you sent him a text asking for his email and he responded quickly yet hasn't responded to your email after a week speaks volumes.

I have sent a text message to the number I have for him- he's had the same number for years. If he's changed it, I think I can still track him down. I asked him if he'd mind giving me his email address so...

Oh, he's already replied. He sent me his email address. I guess it's on now.

Welp, it's been one week now and no response. The fact that when you sent him a text asking for his email and he responded quickly yet hasn't responded to your email after a week speaks volumes.

Yeah. It could mean something very simple, too- no time for apostates :(