Goodbye Jesus

Fundy F-I-L Cajoles My Husband To Go To Church While I Am Away!

Positivist

Positivit, I'm glad your husband was not pulled back in to that faith bull shit.

However, I find another issue in your story.

You are a control freak.

Your FIL has every right to call his son, and for nearly ANY reason.

Had you had more faith (no pun intended) in hubby, you'd not get so upset it this exceedingly little thing.

You two may be married, but that gives you no right to be his controller, his censor, his mommy. He is a grown man, and frankly, if my wife pulled that controlling crap on me, I would shut her down (verbally) in two shakes of a zebra's tail.

Funny, but your behavior is no different from the average Christian wife's, in regard to compulsions many of them have to control their man.

So what if he wants to go to church and hang with his family...it's not like he's going to buy that bull shit....let go, and be respectful of your man.

Leave the controlling nature to the Christian Idiots :-) Us agnostics/athiests are supposed to be a little smarter then that!

Tortilla, I have known Positivist on this board for a while now, and, particularly as someone who actually has a psychopath for a biological mother, and can pick up on any form of manipulation and control, I can assure you, Positivist is definitely not a controlling person. If you read any number of her numerous posts on this board, you would quickly realise that for yourself.

I can't help but wonder if you are instead projecting an issue of yours onto Positivist, reading something into her OP that just wasn't there. If you would like to start a thread about something going on in your own life and talk about it, we would all be happy to support you and listen to you.

• Like 5

Positivit, I'm glad your husband was not pulled back in to that faith bull shit.

However, I find another issue in your story.

You are a control freak.

Your FIL has every right to call his son, and for nearly ANY reason.

Had you had more faith (no pun intended) in hubby, you'd not get so upset it this exceedingly little thing.

You two may be married, but that gives you no right to be his controller, his censor, his mommy. He is a grown man, and frankly, if my wife pulled that controlling crap on me, I would shut her down (verbally) in two shakes of a zebra's tail.

Funny, but your behavior is no different from the average Christian wife's, in regard to compulsions many of them have to control their man.

So what if he wants to go to church and hang with his family...it's not like he's going to buy that bull shit....let go, and be respectful of your man.

Leave the controlling nature to the Christian Idiots :-) Us agnostics/athiests are supposed to be a little smarter then that!

I disagree. If I have a child and they marry a Christian, I would never presume to swoop in and try to convert them while their spouse is gone. I think that is being very disrespectful. There is a difference between hanging out with family and being opportunistically taken to church while Positivist is gone.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I disagree. If I have a child and they marry a Christian, I would never presume to swoop in and try to convert them while their spouse is gone. I think that is being very disrespectful. There is a difference between hanging out with family and being opportunistically taken to church while Positivist is gone.

I second that!!!

• Like 1

I second that!!!

I third it!

• Like 1

So, some more crazy-making from my fundy-in-laws.

I was out of town last week, as you know, and my husband ended up having to go to the emergency department at the hospital. (I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine--he's as healthy as a horse). Anyhow, a couple days later, he visited his parents and his dad says "Do you think the Lord is trying to tell you something through this?" eek.gif I'm so glad I wasn't there! My DH said, "Dad, I'm not even going to go there. What was the Lord trying to teach Aunt Sarah?" (His aunt Sarah just died of breast cancer--very treatable type but she really thought God was going to heal her--so it metastasized...). Silence................

It hurts my brain just to think this way. I really feel like my brain broke trying to understand this kind of shit.

Ugh. I just had to tell you guys. It's so crazy-making.

I was out of town last week, as you know, and my husband ended up having to go to the emergency department at the hospital. (I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine--he's as healthy as a horse). Anyhow, a couple days later, he visited his parents and his dad says "Do you think the Lord is trying to tell you something through this?" eek.gif I'm so glad I wasn't there! My DH said, "Dad, I'm not even going to go there. What was the Lord trying to teach Aunt Sarah?" (His aunt Sarah just died of breast cancer--very treatable type but she really thought God was going to heal her--so it metastasized...). Silence................

It hurts my brain just to think this way. I really feel like my brain broke trying to understand this kind of shit.

My reply to fundy FIL would have been: "Trust the doctors and not god when it comes to matters of health" :P

Keeeeerazy shit there. Sad to hear about his aunt, though. There really isn't an answer for that one, and his folks clearly know that. I hope your husband gets back to normal soon.

It always seems that when someone asks this kind of question, they always have some sort of ironic illness or death in the family due to not accepting medical treatment. On one hand, they're killing people and it's sad. On the other hand, the idiots who believe this are helping a little with overpopulation.