Goodbye Jesus

Lignification

Guest end3

So , is Jesus handling that anger and hatred for you?

I got two things from Christ. One, that the anger was from me being hurt.....that developed into hate. And two, that when I was hurting someone else, it was equivalent to hurting Him as well.

With that said, there are times when I think that what I say is a representative of the Spirit, but there are times when I am definately representing myself. What I would like to see happen would be that I could constantly represent the Spirit, being intelligent enough or spritual enough to pick the best choices for the people, things, I encounter.

End it seems to me that, as difficult as it often is to know proper action, it is more difficult still to actually do the proper thing.

I sometimes know when I am acting from "bad" ego (as opposed to proper ego). But it is rarer still when I resist these impulses.

I got two things from Christ. One, that the anger was from me being hurt.....that developed into hate. And two, that when I was hurting someone else, it was equivalent to hurting Him as well.

With that said, there are times when I think that what I say is a representative of the Spirit, but there are times when I am definately representing myself. What I would like to see happen would be that I could constantly represent the Spirit, being intelligent enough or spritual enough to pick the best choices for the people, things, I encounter.

Thou art so close. smile.png

Practice meditation End.

Through your encounter with 'the Christ', you had insight into yourself. You experienced a knowledge of yourself that broke you free for a moment from being embedded in that cycle. You saw yourself from outside yourself, through 'the eyes of Christ' in your personal experience. The Christ for you was that agent for you to be able to do that, and the experience was profound for you on every level. You experienced a flash, a moment of being greater than a simple victim of your own processes you learned and were programmed into you. This is what those peak experiences are.

Meditation is a way to specifically repeat that experience, and not just see that opening into the world, but to exercise the mind towards transformation into it. You say you would like to constantly "represent Spirit". What that says is you wish to be Spirit in yourself, in all your actions and thoughts. You wish to speak from and move from that place of grace and compassion and wisdom in yourself. You wish to identify yourself with that.

That cannot happen by merely acknowledging it with the mind and through acts of will power conform yourself to that as some 'code'. It can only be realized by transformation of the mind and soul into that. You become that. But not by acts of the will. I don't know how else to describe it. Oh yes, by emptying yourself, abandoning yourself to it wholly. Recognizing it is the first step. I said to someone the other day, "You do not seek to possess it. You seek for it to possess you." You have to go through that door into yourself.

I must say I really like Antlerman's 'baggy clothes' analogy, it speaks perfectly to what i've been feeling lately about the forms and motifs of the christian process.

I must say I really like Antlerman's 'baggy clothes' analogy, it speaks perfectly to what i've been feeling lately about the forms and motifs of the christian process.

Yes, I have to say when I came up with that a few days ago it really sums up nicely what I see. There are those who actually do start to 'get it', but then they end up not really fitting in with the rest of the kids playing adult very well. They end up having to go find people more their age to try to relate to with the world unfolding to them.

Practice meditation End.

Through your encounter with 'the Christ', you had insight into yourself. You experienced a knowledge of yourself that broke you free for a moment from being embedded in that cycle. You saw yourself from outside yourself, through 'the eyes of Christ' in your personal experience. The Christ for you was that agent for you to be able to do that, and the experience was profound for you on every level. You experienced a flash, a moment of being greater than a simple victim of your own processes you learned and were programmed into you. This is what those peak experiences are.

Meditation is a way to specifically repeat that experience, and not just see that opening into the world, but to exercise the mind towards transformation into it. You say you would like to constantly "represent Spirit". What that says is you wish to be Spirit in yourself, in all your actions and thoughts. You wish to speak from and move from that place of grace and compassion and wisdom in yourself. You wish to identify yourself with that.

That cannot happen by merely acknowledging it with the mind and through acts of will power conform yourself to that as some 'code'. It can only be realized by transformation of the mind and soul into that. You become that. But not by acts of the will. I don't know how else to describe it. Oh yes, by emptying yourself, abandoning yourself to it wholly. Recognizing it is the first step. I said to someone the other day, "You do not seek to possess it. You seek for it to possess you." You have to go through that door into yourself.

Ok, here's the deal.....for you. I shall try it a few times, but feel I should not be penalized if I fall asleep. I assume that's why I would want to be in a sitting position? Going to research it a little. Thank you for the continumed support and suggestions.thanks.gif

Practice meditation End.

Ok, here's the deal.....for you. I shall try it a few times, but feel I should not be penalized if I fall asleep. I assume that's why I would want to be in a sitting position? Going to research it a little. Thank you for the continumed support and suggestions.thanks.gif

I think it was the Buddha who said you should seek enlightenment like seeking a river with your hair on fire. :HaHa:

If you would like suggestions I can offer some, but don't expect this is easy. I would be surprised if you get far after only a few tries. It does become easier with practice because you learn yourself, how to move into that place. It's what opens to you once you are in that place that is where the fun begins. :) Results will vary, but I suspect if you go in seeking to touch what you've already been opened to, you'll find the way. Don't limit yourself to a few tries though.

This actually comes to that topic I never started, Peak Experience and Structural Adaptation. You had a peak experience. This practice puts you into the path of that happening more often, if not all the time. Doing nothing is like waiting for random chance to blow a leaf to your feet.