Goodbye Jesus

Blame It On Mother Teresa

blackpudd1n

There was a lot more to it, but what puzzled me at the end was how a highly intelligent woman with two degrees could still believe in christianity. And worse, that there was more evidence supporting creationism than evolution. That just blew my mind.

Get used to it.

Why do smart people believe weird things?"

Yeah, I think I already have today, by drawing a line in the sand and saying I was proud to be an atheist. I'm not going to hide it. If I could work out where to put a tatt, I'd get one done with some symbol of my atheism. I might alter the tatt on my forearm to include it, 'cause I don't want to venture onto my other forearm.

- I needed to meet her brother who laid hands on someone and raised them from the dead

yelrotflmao.gif

Yeah right, and my brother is a time traveling admiral in Star Fleet.

• Like 1

There was a lot more to it, but what puzzled me at the end was how a highly intelligent woman with two degrees could still believe in christianity. And worse, that there was more evidence supporting creationism than evolution. That just blew my mind.

Yeah, xians are supposed to be idiots, dammit. lol. :-)

- I needed to meet her brother who laid hands on someone and raised them from the dead

Surely a feat of this magnitude has been reported by the legitimate press!?! Did he apply for James Randi's million dollar reward? But most importantly, is he on a "mission tour" of every hospital nearby to lay hands on all the sick, wounded, and dying? I mean, if he truly has this gift of healing, that should be something he'd feel a responsibility for doing. Ya know -- to cheerlead for jeezus make this world a better place.

Wendybanghead.gif

Actually I did a quick google search. Why are the claims of people being raised from the dead only ever seen on christian or pro-christian sites?

When I'm dead I don't want to be raised back to life. :-)

You don't want to be a zombie like Jeebus? :P

Get used to it.

Why do smart people believe weird things?"

I'm pretty sure Area 51 exists. :-) Aliens? Doubtful. :-)

You don't want to be a zombie like Jeebus? tongue.png

I'd rather not live forever. I'm ADD and I get bored easily. Someone told me heaven was a place where you praised Jebus continuously. Sounds like hell to me.. lol. I have absolutely no problems when unconscious. Hopefully the end will be like that. :-) Eternal rest.

One would think so. She kept telling me look up some woman in Mozambique who runs an orphanage- she seems to think that that will change my mind.

That would be Heidi Baker. I wish with all my heart I could believe she's for real.....I used to believe she was. -sigh-

One would think so. She kept telling me look up some woman in Mozambique who runs an orphanage- she seems to think that that will change my mind.

That would be Heidi Baker. I wish with all my heart I could believe she's for real.....I used to believe she was. -sigh-

Yes, that was the name.