Goodbye Jesus

I Got Banned

Guest end3

Guest I Love Dog

That I have to admit is really funny. Who needs non believers and people other religions when Christians can't even agree among themselves.

To me what is entertaining is watching Christians argue with each other while I just sit back and watch.

Hahahaha! Right on!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Antlerman

• Shyone

• Brakeman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May have to remove the "Authentic" qualifier from "Christian Believer." :HaHa:

Ouch! I would say no. People are authentic whatevers if they say they are, and even if they aren't doing it according to the way of their own scriptures.

If we used your criteria, there would be NO true believers.

Hmmm....

For the record, that was meant as a joke. It's easy to yell "heretic" when you claim to adhere to the Ultimate Truth. It's really easy to find pairs (or other combinations) of christian believers / sects where one or both of them have labeled every other sect as "not really Christian," including each other.

Who did God say was right? You or the administrator? I'm sure someone asked him didn't they?

Oh yeah Lunatiheathen...women are cursed because of Eve. Tempters of godly men and unreliable emotional beings. Christian mysogyniy at it's finest.

Such heresy! I see in your sig you are a follower of the Invisible Blue Unicorn apostasy. May the true Invisible Pink Unicorn have mercy on you!

Who did God say was right? You or the administrator? I'm sure someone asked him didn't they?

Interesting Brakeman, I have so very good friends that subscribe to this, so I had never considered it a heresy, but had never really investigated it either. I myself don't think I am a remnant. I consider myself a gentile at best.

Interesting that people sometimes move as Christians through a time where they think the Levitical law is something that they need to do. I have a hard time demanding that this is heresy or that they must abandon this part of their faith as heresy so they may "subscribe to" the "full understanding" of this administrator/jackass.

Another interesting thing....I asked two employed preaching ministers what their thoughts were.....neither had heard of it.

So there you are...."that's the way it is".

Congratulations End. Now you are a true Christian. Just remember, it wasn't atheists who crucified Jesus. It was the religious. You seem to be doing something right.

That I have to admit is really funny. Who needs non believers and people other religions when Christians can't even agree among themselves.

To me what is entertaining is watching Christians argue with each other while I just sit back and watch.

I think it might be fun to set up a Christian Cage Fight thread where we round up a few of our more devoutly "orthodox" resident Christians to discuss their differences... and a side peanut gallery where we can watch and make comments from. I could moderate it, asking loaded questions sure to get them at each others throats. Any seconds on the idea?

I think it might be fun to set up a Christian Cage Fight thread where we round up a few of our resident Christians to discuss their differences... and a side peanut gallery where we can watch and make comments from. I could moderate it, asking loaded questions sure to get them at each others throats. Any seconds on the idea?

Me and Yoyo?? Kind of like a mini-series, your own personal reality show of life, Christians vs. the world.

Besides, didn't you learn anything from Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? He saves them as He will again :)

I think it might be fun to set up a Christian Cage Fight thread where we round up a few of our more devoutly "orthodox" resident Christians to discuss their differences... and a side peanut gallery where we can watch and make comments from. I could moderate it, asking loaded questions sure to get them at each others throats. Any seconds on the idea?

I think that is an excellent idea. I would love to see it. Don't think there would be any takers, though.

You're a nice guy End3.

In my old Baptist world, sometimes disagreeing theists would swear to each other that God had told him personally that his view was correct. They'd say that they prayed about it and that god told him he was right. It made for some interesting discourse.

That would be interesting. It's like a cat fight--but not as sexy. :grin:

It would benefit most if one side was taking a more extreme position like Rayskidude, and someone who is more moderate like End3 or Yoyo.

The problem is to find an interesting topic which we all could benefit from.

Interesting that people sometimes move as Christians through a time where they think the Levitical law is something that they need to do.

An interesting story: As a urologist, I had a couple come to the office requesting a circumcision for their newborn son. I asked them why and they replied that they had started reading the bible, and God commanded that all males be circumcised.

They were Catholic.

That would be interesting. It's like a cat fight--but not as sexy. :grin:

It would benefit most if one side was taking a more extreme position like Rayskidude, and someone who is more moderate like End3 or Yoyo.

The problem is to find an interesting topic which we all could benefit from.

I've got it! No orthodox Christian could resist. Put both End and YoYo in there and call it "Purify the Christian Heretics". Then post of list of their heresies.

It would be like a front row seat to the Spanish Inquisition!

inquisition-wheel.jpg

So who do you think would be the first to get the wheel?

An interesting story: As a urologist, I had a couple come to the office requesting a circumcision for their newborn son. I asked them why and they replied that they had started reading the bible, and God commanded that all males be circumcised.

They were Catholic.

Just an aside: Why is the almighty so interested in peckers? He's not only worried about what they look like, but who whe share them with, where we put them, and where the output goes.

Why? Is the holy pecker acting up? Maybe he has repressed holy sexual issues. He ain't had none since Mary.

I've got it! No orthodox Christian could resist. Put both End and YoYo in there and call it "Purify the Christian Heretics". Then post of list of their heresies.

post-246-126367274333_thumb.jpg

I vote yes. I love Christians that take the denominational position of authority for all people, to be given the chance to see the thousands of other sides around the Christian belief somewhere where they can't run when heresy begins to rise, or taddle to the moderators because someone disagrees with their pastor. :wicked:

Just an aside: Why is the almighty so interested in peckers? He's not only worried about what they look like, but who whe share them with, where we put them, and where the output goes.

Why? Is the holy pecker acting up? Maybe he has repressed holy sexual issues. He ain't had none since Mary.

He has a repressed penis-envy because he doesn't have one himself.

inquisition-wheel.jpg

I vote yes. I love Christians that take the denominational position of authority for all people, to be given the chance to see the thousands of other sides around the Christian belief somewhere where they can't run when heresy begins to rise, or taddle to the moderators because someone disagrees with their pastor. :wicked:

You are so on. Let me think about this a bit and put something together. Others suggestions are welcome.

He has a repressed penis-envy because he doesn't have one himself.

Heh, just noticed the name change.

I don't wish I could eat my own tail, but if I could put my two heads together, I'd never leave the house.

I suppose that's about as close as a human could come to being an actual Ouroboros.

Dig the symbolism of it though, Cynicism, Self reflection, The eternal cycle of life, New beginnings after an end has finished.

...Another interesting thing....I asked two employed preaching ministers what their thoughts were.....neither had heard of it.

So there you are...."that's the way it is".

I had never heard of it either.

I don't wish I could eat my own tail, but if I could put my two heads together, I'd never leave the house.

I suppose that's about as close as a human could come to being an actual Ouroboros.

Dig the symbolism of it though, Cynicism, Self reflection, The eternal cycle of life, New beginnings after an end has finished.

Yup. It's the ancient symbol of "circle of life." It's also the thought of the supreme thing above and beyond God. If there is a God, Ouroboros is the creator of God. Ouroboros is not sentient or willful, it just is. It's all and everything. I don't mean to say that all believe all that stuff, but I think it's a cool thought. Is see Nature (beyond, but not excluding, our Universe) as Ouroboros. The Multi-verse perhaps?

As I've said many times, the only thing a Christian hates more than an atheist it's another Christian. But not to just pick on Christians, it should be noted that Muslims spend most of their suicide bombers blowing up other Muslims.

For sure, if there is anything that Christians hate more than an outspoken atheist, it's an outspoken liberal Christian.....or one who will actually think outside the box.

The bible is free to interpretation by all....so long as you interpret it their way. Freddy

Yup. It's the ancient symbol of "circle of life." It's also the thought of the supreme thing above and beyond God. If there is a God, Ouroboros is the creator of God. Ouroboros is not sentient or willful, it just is. It's all and everything. I don't mean to say that all believe all that stuff, but I think it's a cool thought. Is see Nature (beyond, but not excluding, our Universe) as Ouroboros. The Multi-verse perhaps?

It IS a very interesting thought. Much to the consternation of xians, no doubt, it provides an answer to the pesky little conundrum left by the Cosmological argument for the existence of god. Not that it's much more satisfying: now that there is a cause for god, what is the cause for Ouroboros, and if none, how does Ouroboros get a free pass to be the "First Cause?" Of course one might argue (albeit with difficulty--especially when you start to probe into how it could create what we commonly conceptualize as "god") that something non-sentient and non-willful that "just is" that's "all and everything," something with the timeless symbolism of Ouroboros would be a better candidate for a "First Cause" than god, who in his xian incarnation is kind of like us, just omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent cough, cough. Of course the xian god does borrow from these ideas: "I Am that I Am," "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," but it's hard to get past the fact that he is supposed to be a sentient, complex being with no cause.

Of course, it sounds like Ouroboros could easily work as a metaphor for what we know about cosmology.

Finally, my apologies if I said something silly or counter to the way Ouroboros is generally conceptualized. This is pretty much new to me, but it sounds interesting and I do already have some reading material queued up (although it will probably take awhile before I get to it).

It IS a very interesting thought. Much to the consternation of xians, no doubt, it provides an answer to the pesky little conundrum left by the Cosmological argument for the existence of god. Not that it's much more satisfying: now that there is a cause for god, what is the cause for Ouroboros, and if none, how does Ouroboros get a free pass to be the "First Cause?"

Ouroboros is both cause and effect. It's self-causation.

Head swallowing the tail. Destruction, and rebirth, simultaneous. Yin and yang. Good and bad. Death and life. Cause and effect. It's the primary engine of all things. It just goes on, and on, without thought or consideration. The wheel is spinning without end. Nothing is really "created" because everything is just a new form of what was before. Transformations. Processes. Nothing stays the same. Nothing is fixed.

(Oh, I can really write a lot of gibberish, can't I? :HaHa:)

Of course one might argue (albeit with difficulty--especially when you start to probe into how it could create what we commonly conceptualize as "god") that something non-sentient and non-willful that "just is" that's "all and everything," something with the timeless symbolism of Ouroboros would be a better candidate for a "First Cause" than god, who in his xian incarnation is kind of like us, just omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent cough, cough. Of course the xian god does borrow from these ideas: "I Am that I Am," "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," but it's hard to get past the fact that he is supposed to be a sentient, complex being with no cause.

Here are some more thoughts.

Ouroboros is a much older symbol than the Greek. I know it has a couple more names, more ancient than Orb.

I think there is a possibility that "I am who I am" was a fringe belief in Yahweh-ism. And the story of Moses and the bush is more of a metaphorical myth of that thought. Something that just is. Something which just is what it is, and we're part of it.

The personification of God is what is wrong. Making God into a being, creature, thinker, decision maker, etc, is wrong.

Of course, it sounds like Ouroboros could easily work as a metaphor for what we know about cosmology.

Exactly.

Finally, my apologies if I said something silly or counter to the way Ouroboros is generally conceptualized. This is pretty much new to me, but it sounds interesting and I do already have some reading material queued up (although it will probably take awhile before I get to it).

I'm not a purist when it comes to Ouroboros. I think it's a symbol which fits better to the ideas of reality and how nature works.

Compare Ourobors with yin-yang also. The balance of force and anti-force. It's in constant motion, and one is never overtaking the other.

I have for years tried to figure out a symbol which combines Orb and some others. We'll see if I can succeed some day. :)

It IS a very interesting thought. Much to the consternation of xians, no doubt, it provides an answer to the pesky little conundrum left by the Cosmological argument for the existence of god. Not that it's much more satisfying: now that there is a cause for god, what is the cause for Ouroboros, and if none, how does Ouroboros get a free pass to be the "First Cause?" Of course one might argue (albeit with difficulty--especially when you start to probe into how it could create what we commonly conceptualize as "god") that something non-sentient and non-willful that "just is" that's "all and everything," something with the timeless symbolism of Ouroboros would be a better candidate for a "First Cause" than god, who in his xian incarnation is kind of like us, just omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent cough, cough. Of course the xian god does borrow from these ideas: "I Am that I Am," "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," but it's hard to get past the fact that he is supposed to be a sentient, complex being with no cause.

Oroboros gets a free pass because of the DRAGON NATURE.....

They do it all....firey breath, fly, bestow havok on damsels..you name it. What more is there? Even eat their tales when bored.

Take my wyvern for instance....same bad ass dragon but evolved with a stinger on the tail instead of eating the stupid thing.

Oroboros gets a free pass because of the DRAGON NATURE.....

Amen to that.

They do it all....firey breath, fly, bestow havok on damsels..you name it. What more is there? Even eat their tales when bored.

:HaHa: That's a new interpretation I didn't think of.