Goodbye Jesus

The Biblical Doctrine Of Salvation

Guest FaithDefender619

Guest I Love Dog

The Biblical Doctrine Of Salvation? Let's see. Yahweh screws up so badly in the Garden that He has to send His Son, who's really Himself, to die on the cross as a sacrifice to Himself, to save us from Himself. A five year old come come up with a better plan.

Then his son(who's really Yahweh himself), comes alive and decides to piss off up to heaven to be with himself, who's really his father and his own son and some say that Jesus was even Mary and therefore his own mother as well as his own father and his own son. So why didn't he stay alive, and keep on preaching and teaching and getting crucified and then being resurrected? He could have been doing that for 2000 years as a continual reminder of god's power and love for us all and drawing crowds by the billion into Jerusalem as tourists flock there year after year to see the grand spectacle. Colored lights, fireworks, smoke machines, jugglers, snake-charmers, music, candy-sellers, ice creams, programs, WOW!:

JC on the cross>dies>comes alive>floats up to heaven>comes back down>gets crucified>dies>comes alive>floats up to heaven>comes back down...ad nauseam.

Whoever claims "I believe in da trinutty" is not worth responding to.

and yet you responded.

In sharp contrast to self-centered self-proclaimed-master-race morontheists like all of you, I feel kind at times. Be happy that I'm replying currently, chances are it won't last much longer.

On the off chance that FD is still looking in on this thread...

Back in the early 90's I worked with a guy named Steve who had a friend named Jamie - Jamie was in an accident; flying down the highway at 90 mph a tire flew off another car, ripped through Jamie's car and tore her from it, hurling her into the ditch. Every internal organ was lacerated and one lung punctured; Steve got the call at the end of the day and told me about it, and I went home and said a prayer. When I got to work the next day the first thing he told me was that the doctors couldn't stop the internal bleeding, Jamie's lung was not responding, and there was nothing more that could be done - the family had been told to prepare themselves because they were going to lose Jamie, no question, within the next 24 hours.

It happened that I had not had breakfast that morning so I decided I would fast all day, and rather than play my radio and CD's at my desk I would just be in constant prayer, some silent some vocal; when I went home for lunch I literally got on my face in prayer, and after work I did the same. The next morning Steve came to me and said that Jamie had gotten better, the lung had reinflated, the bleeding had stopped, and she had stabilized - the doctors were amazed and couldn't explain it, and by Friday she was out of ICU.

But...

That Saturday she was allowed out of bed for the first time since she first went into ICU, and the doctors were discussing releasing her to go home at some point the following week. When it was time for her to get back into bed, because she was still weak, three nurses were lifting her back into bed, one at her shoulders, one at her feet, and one supporting her back. When she was halfway over the bed the one supporting her back let go; the other two lost their grip and Jamie fell, hitting the edge of the bed and falling heavily to the floor. Sutures ripped open, her lung collapsed again, and she was rushed to ICU. Steve told me all this first thing Monday morning, at that point Jamie was still in ICU and her condition hadn't stabilized at all, and the doctors felt that a second trauma so soon did bode well for her. I went back to my desk, began a prayer, and just felt a sudden wave of confirmation that Jamie was going to be healed and live. I immediately found Steve and told him so, and went back to work.

But...

Tuesday morning Steve sought me out and said that Jamie still hadn't stabilized, the lung was not responding, the internal bleeding wasn't stopping, and, again, the doctors had told the family to prepare themselves to lose Jamie within 24 hours. I was stunned - I 'knew' what 'god' had told me, it wasn't possible that Jamie would die. Well it happened that, again, I hadn't had breakfast and so I made my mind up to 'claim' what 'god' had told me so I did exactly what I had done a week before, fasted and prayed all day, singing songs of praise to 'god' for 'his' healing, using Jamie's name in my songs. Well, next day Steve told me that Jamie's lung had reinflated, the bleeding had stopped, Jamie had stabilized, doctors could not believe it, etc.

So - are you still going to tell me that my faith was not as deep as yours? Or any other Christian's?

Maybe there is a deity that reached down and healed Jamie, for whatever reason. Why a deity that can intervene only does so when asked fervently by members of one peculiar sect - and only then when it feels like it - and lets a pair of 11 year-old boys literally beat a helpless two-year-old to death, is one of those things that keeps me agnostic. But even if that nebulous deity does exist it is in no way a proof of anything divine about the bible - if Jamie were healed by divine intervention it proves nothing about the bible. I'll concede 'god' to anyone who wants it - but then you have to prove to me that your particular holy book is really and truly 'god's book.

but, then again, it could be that there was a Real Christian praying for Jamie and the vain pleadings of me, and obviously shallow and false Christian, didn't do a damn thing. Though Steve and Jamie and her whole family credited it to my prayers - just wanted to cover bases...

In one of Jesus' parables he speaks of seed and the seed sower....

If we notice that aside from refuting OSAS this parable mentions the seed that fell on stony ground that "dureth" for a while but fell away.

LMAO!!!

Several days ago in the OSAS thread, your claims that eternal security has no biblical support and that this parable proves your position were completely destroyed. You've ignored that thread ever since, and now you start a new thread spouting some of the same crap.

Do you really think we're stupid enough to fall for your shit? LMAO!!! Grow up, dude!

Guess I'll have to resurrect that thread....

Then his son(who's really Yahweh himself), comes alive and decides to piss off up to heaven to be with himself, who's really his father and his own son and some say that Jesus was even Mary and therefore his own mother as well as his own father and his own son. So why didn't he stay alive, and keep on preaching and teaching and getting crucified and then being resurrected? He could have been doing that for 2000 years as a continual reminder of god's power and love for us all and drawing crowds by the billion into Jerusalem as tourists flock there year after year to see the grand spectacle. Colored lights, fireworks, smoke machines, jugglers, snake-charmers, music, candy-sellers, ice creams, programs, WOW!:

No, he couldn't do that, otherwise it would be proof of his existance. He wants to convince the world he doesn't exist, that way he can torture more people for all of eternity.

The Biblical Doctrine Of Salvation? Let's see. Yahweh screws up so badly in the Garden that He has to send His Son, who's really Himself, to die on the cross as a sacrifice to Himself, to save us from Himself. A five year old come come up with a better plan.

Then his son(who's really Yahweh himself), comes alive and decides to piss off up to heaven to be with himself, who's really his father and his own son and some say that Jesus was even Mary and therefore his own mother as well as his own father and his own son.

And then one day very soon (ie, any time in the next 2000 years) the son will return in the mood to torture all the people who were unable to believe in him and all those who refused to kiss his butt. There will be zombies walking around when everyone rises from their graves and much munching on the brains of the living. There will be judgement on everyone, where all will be deemed guilty until proven innocent. All those who were gullible enough to believe the ancient fairy tales of the bible will be taken up to the magical sky kingdom with Christ to worship at his feet for all eternity.

JC on the cross>dies>comes alive>floats up to heaven>comes back down>gets crucified>dies>comes alive>floats up to heaven>comes back down...ad nauseam.

I am reminded of the Highlander.