Goodbye Jesus

Did You Tell The Churh You Werent Coming Anymore?

Guest Justyna

I just left. They really didn't bother me. I had one person call me really concerned, but he never pressed the issue beyond that. I occasionally saw some of them, but since I was in a large college at the time, the odds of that happening were small. When it did, they weren't happy to see me. After college, I moved to a different city. So all that garbage was left behind.

We slowly stopped attending, then stopped altogether. My father is a leader in the church we were attending. He asked what was going on, so I told him we were looking at other churches. A couple of friends of my wife asked her about it. I have not heard from another single person there, and it is a church I have attended since I was 16. I was a deacon there for a time, and taught sunday school and served as an usher. I still didn't hear from anyone. I guess they just dumped it all on my father. I thought some of those people were friends. I guess not. Lots of talk, not much action.

To Just1Me, the reason for not wanting a meeting with the leaders is that it would just be a time for one last attempt at emotional manipulation and guilt trips. I've been in it for 30+ years. I've heard it all, I've read it all; hell, I taught it all. After much searching and reading (years worth) I decided I don't believe it any more. One more pep talk or guilt trip is not going to change that.