Goodbye Jesus

2012 And Christianity

Abiyoyo

For a minute, take away our scientific dating methods, evolution, etc. This number is very close to what creationists claim Earth's age is, and what the Jew's claim the age of humanity. Food for thought.

The YEC dates it to 4004 BC, right? So it's 900 years off. I don't consider that very close.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Abiyoyo

• Shyone

• chefranden

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For a minute, take away our scientific dating methods, evolution, etc. This number is very close to what creationists claim Earth's age is, and what the Jew's claim the age of humanity. Food for thought.

The YEC dates it to 4004 BC, right? So it's 900 years off. I don't consider that very close.

:twitch: Okay Hans :grin: It's closer than 4.5billion years :eek:

<snip>

Well, depends on how you define magic. Basically, I see you more saying, If God is real, then He should give a 'supernatural' sign. Right?

But he did. Or at least when people believed in primative superstitions he did. He doesn't anymore.

Or does he? Supernatural signs? That's your area, if you believe.

Tell us about Lourdes. Tell us about the Lady of Gaudalupe. Tell us about Faith Healing.

:twitch: Okay Hans :grin: It's closer than 4.5billion years :eek:

Then perhaps Armageddon is in 2012+900 = year 2912.

Then perhaps Armageddon is in 2012+900 = year 2912.

How did that compute? Creationists go by figuring based from the Bible's dates, years, etc. Mayan's go by a systematic complicated times method. Christianity does not have an actual date, just a time or season, with signs. The creation date could be extremely varied. 900 year difference between two civilization's that are on opposite ends of Earth, is pretty close. Close enough to start a thread :grin:

They may be off about the date of creation, but the simple fact that the variances of the two are close in nature. Hey, and by the way, 900 years for the creationists could be just one person being missed from the genealogy! Since they all lived to be 900 years old :Old:

Is it just me, or does the Mayan activity around the prescribed 2012 date sound similar to the Bible's Revelations?

What are your thoughts?

I smell what you're stepping in.

Hey, and by the way, 900 years for the creationists could be just one person being missed from the genealogy! Since they all lived to be 900 years old :Old:

Right....

I see a spark of understanding. A tiny one, but still...

This is also interesting. The First Book of Adam and Eve. This would also fit the time frame...

6 Then God in his mercy for Adam who was made after

His own image and likeness, explained to him, that these

were 5,000 and 500 years; and how One would then come and

save him and his descendants.

This is also interesting. The First Book of Adam and Eve. This would also fit the time frame...

6 Then God in his mercy for Adam who was made after

His own image and likeness, explained to him, that these

were 5,000 and 500 years; and how One would then come and

save him and his descendants.

Since this book was pseudepigrapha written in the 6th century, I wonder why you don't just write your own book about the end of the world. Then you would understand it perfectly. Maybe you could make a fortune like Lindsey.

Since this book was pseudepigrapha written in the 6th century, I wonder why you don't just write your own book about the end of the world. Then you would understand it perfectly. Maybe you could make a fortune like Lindsey.

I bought Hal Lindsey's book when I was 17 years old. It was the first thing that made me start to doubt prophecy and started me down the road to atheism.

Unfortunately, I ruined my Father's Masonic Bible highlighting the passages so that I could have them all easily identifiable and could read them in context.

I think it is funny that when there is a writing that is for a point, it is bogus and already determined to be 'not included', non-Biblical. But when there is a writing that is against the point, it is an outrage, deception from the church, holding back the truth, i.e. writings not included in the Bible that points at Jesus being something different than what the Bible says. Just thought I would add that note. :Hmm: