Goodbye Jesus

Ex Christians Reasons For Leaving Christianity

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Guest WAVESFORFUN
Chris⋅tian

  /ˈkrɪstʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kris-chuhn] Show IPA

–adjective

Your definition does not exclude Episcopalians or even those I listed above either. Sorry, but you still loose and are still offensive.

loose.....win....whats the difference..I got that off of something as simple as Dictionary.com, did you see any trends in the definitions? Some one who follows Jesus Christ and His teachings.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mriana

• Ouroboros

• DarthOkkata

• chefranden

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P.S. Waves, I'll ask you as a moderator of this forum to please keep your posts here in the Lion's Den, or in the Colleseum if you are interested in serious discussion. The shoutbox and other forums are for Ex Christians and violating the rules of the forum can result in temporary suspension of posting privileges. Please try to respect the rules here and you will be allowed to participate in this forum.

I'm asking nicely....

ahhhh...containment....I understand. :)

Thank you. The primary function of the site is to support ExChristians. We allow Christians to post here, but within areas that don't disrupt people looking for safe havens. I'm glad you appreciate that. Thanks.

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Seriously, you want a serious discussion about this? I'm your daisy...

Just say when. :)

Okay, Do you Believe that the Bible is the Word of God? Is Jesus God? Is all of the Bible true and valid for today? Do you believe what the Bible says?

I doubt it. cool pun though.

First, define God. If you mean do I believe God is what you most likely believe, then no. I don't imagine a reality of some external, independent being with an independent mind and will outside of humans. And as far as the Bible being the Word of God, some people, you in this case, imagine the "word of God" to mean a literal dictation of this external, independent being. I can't accept that on a number of levels. Not only for the fact it doesn't fit the "God model" as you would have it because it has earmarks of human inconsistency written all over it, but the fact that it lacks any sort of "divine hand" in not only its transmission, but its preservation, translations, clarity, etc.

But if you define God as something else, then it "could" be called the "word of God" with an entirely differernt meaning. It's all in how one looks at it.

Is Jesus God? It depends if that symbol has meaning. Then yes. In a literal reality, time and space - outside human reality, the reality humans create for themselves to navigate in, then of course not. Jesus the Christ is a human reality. It's a matter of relevance... to your next question..

Is ALL the Bible true and valid for today? Depends. It may have relevance as a historical artifact. But as far as having relevance for societal models, certainly not all of it. Would you suggest bringing back slavery? ;) I hope not.

Do I believe what the Bible says? Sure. I believe it says what people believed. I believe that.

So where are you going with this?

"Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?" So in other words....you really don't believe anything.....you jsut go with what is convenient at the time, or useful to you. I think I understand.

Chris⋅tian

–adjective

Your definition does not exclude Episcopalians or even those I listed above either. Sorry, but you still loose and are still offensive.

loose.....win....whats the difference..I got that off of something as simple as Dictionary.com, did you see any trends in the definitions? Some one who follows Jesus Christ and His teachings.

And Episcopalians don't? Who are you to define who does and who doesn't? And no, I did not see any trends. I saw a lot of BS to justify ignorance.

"Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?" So in other words....you really don't believe anything.....you jsut go with what is convenient at the time, or useful to you. I think I understand.

You did not answer any of his questions- define God? etc etc etc

Guest WAVESFORFUN
Chris⋅tian

–adjective

And Episcopalians don't? Who are you to define who does and who doesn't? And no, I did not see any trends. I saw a lot of BS to justify ignorance.

What do you want? Even the devil Believes in God. He knows the Bible very well. What are you saying? I'm using the Bibles definitions of Christian. Just cause your part of a denomination doesn't mean your saved. Just cause the mouse is in the cookie jar doesn't make him/her a mouse.

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Define God?

Ummm wow.... definition for God.

Perfectly Just. Perfect....Awesome.....Holy.....Wonderful...powerful... loving.... gracious....

to be feared, revered....vengeful...repaying His enemies....gives due reward to those who speak and act harshly against Him..

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Define God?

Ummm wow.... definition for God.

Perfectly Just. Perfect....Awesome.....Holy.....Wonderful...powerful... loving.... gracious....

to be feared, revered....vengeful...repaying His enemies....gives due reward to those who speak and act harshly against Him..

Slavery is already here.....Yes right in the United States.... of America. The borrower is the slave of the lender.....

Guest WAVESFORFUN
O NOOOOOOOOO!!!! RUUN WHRE CAN I HUDE !!! HELLLP MMEEEE!! See if I believed what others said of me? I would be afraid.....lol O NO!!!! PLEASE!!!! NO NO STOPPP!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol Good job. :)

Your debating skills are sorely lacking.

Its not a de-bate....I wouldn't cross the street to convince a x christian who had a real true Born again christian experience that the reason they no longer believe is .....doubt. :)

OK...keep avoiding the issue.....COWARD.....

Let be known by everyone here....WAVES IS A COWARD...HE HAS NO MORE INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY OF MUSHROOM AND NO MORE COURAGE THAN THAT OF CHICKEN.....

What was the issue again?

Guest WAVESFORFUN
Wait. Why do we need to prove anything here?

You're the one who showed up making unsubstantiated claims with no evidence to support them.

... snipped by Hans. Can you (Waves or Anonymous) please edit the quotes and only keep pertinent parts? That way we save millions of cute small bits and bytes on the server for future use...

Gullible [adjective] 1 One who believes in something for which there is no proof. 2 One who does not question, but believes anything. 3 Easily duped or cheated.

Any questions?

You make many assumptions.....like...that you assume that you and anyone that you have interacted with have never found proof...so.....that must means there is none. The sky is falling chicken little?

Okay, Do you Believe that the Bible is the Word of God? Is Jesus God? Is all of the Bible true and valid for today? Do you believe what the Bible says?

Ah. So you have doubt too. Strange. I thought you were full of belief, and had no doubts of anything... no?

I guess you doubt Santa Claus exists, or that Mohammad saw Gibreel? I do too.

The only difference between you and me is that I also doubt that Jesus is the son of God, and I doubt that God is anything the way you describe him in your Bible. I even think that the word "God" is a bad choice of word to describe what reality, nature, and existence is. It can't be comprised into one word without also losing meaning.

Guest WAVESFORFUN
We're not the ones trying to make a bait and switch here.

snipped again by Hans. Please, edit the quotes to save the trees. We don't need to burn more coal for energy to send zillions of unnecessary bits....

The inability to come up with a decent answer does not excuse or validate such a juvenile rebuttal. If that's all you've got left, you've lost the debate.

Even if you were presented proof...still you would not Believe..... You have Moses and the prophets...if you don't believe them...you won't believe even if some one were to come back from the dead and declare it to you.

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Ah. So you have doubt too. Strange. I thought you were full of belief, and had no doubts of anything... no?

The only difference between you and me is that I also doubt that Jesus is the son of God, and I doubt that God is anything the way you describe him in your Bible. I even think that the word "God" is a bad choice of word to describe what reality, nature, and existence is. It can't be comprised into one word without also losing meaning.

Is that the only difference? Come now.....tell the truth....

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Goddammit---------what a wonderful post---------tack it down boy--------tack it down. He can't have any reasonable response to something like this.

Nope.... :)

No, you're right, there's another difference too: in a competition of arrogance and nasty comebacks I probably could out-do you (because I have no restraints if I so choose), and I also have a big red button I can use to kick you out.

What other differences do you think there are?

Goddammit---------what a wonderful post---------tack it down boy--------tack it down. He can't have any reasonable response to something like this.

[/ quote]

Nope.... :)

You have to keep the first [ quote ] part, or it won't work.

Guest WAVESFORFUN

No, you're right, there's another difference too: in a competition of arrogance and nasty comebacks I probably could out-do you (because I have no restraints if I so choose), and I also have a big red button I can use to kick you out.

What other differences do you think there are?

the differences are a thin as a piece of paper. And well were on the topic.....how does one unjoin this site?

the differences are a thin as a piece of paper. And well were on the topic.....how does one unjoin this site?

The difference is thin as a piece of paper? So what is the difference? A simile doesn't answer the question... whatev'...

Unjoin? You want to leave? I can delete your account, if that's what you want.

Oh good! :fdevil: Don't let the door hit you in the a**.

Either that or Han can kick you out or delete your account. Can we throw a party, Han?

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Oh good! :fdevil: Don't let the door hit you in the a**.

Either that or Han can kick you out or delete your account. Can we throw a party, Han?

Yup...sure....delete the account.....then throw the party....

How soon can I expect it to be deleted? How quick are the results?

Guest WAVESFORFUN

The difference is thin as a piece of paper? So what is the difference? A simile doesn't answer the question... whatev'...

Unjoin? You want to leave? I can delete your account, if that's what you want.

I do. ASAP. Thanks!

I hope you feel better for being here, honestly I do. Just wish you could understand.

1.gif I feel good! Did I help do that? Oh I'm so cruel. :lol: At least I can admit though.

Guest WAVESFORFUN
I hope you feel better for being here, honestly I do. Just wish you could understand.

I do understand......I know you don't blieve that....but I do.....I a human....and doubted God was real...and Got proof beyond a shadow of doubt....I've seen more proof so that all my doubts are very much surpassed.....signs wonder and miracles..dead raisings...cancer healed.....just all sorts of stuff....doctors gave of on one guy for dead and bame...God healed Him...Doctors amazed....