Goodbye Jesus

Topless Women In Public

Neon Genesis

olive oil is fantastic, cheap, smells yummy, leaves skin smooth, doesn't irritate like all those smell-infused store bought things ... and not tested on animals ;)

For shaving? Really?

Phanta

Yep, a few years back I got into trying to live cruelty free. I found it was pretty difficult because freakin proctor and gamble owns like EVERYTHING. Anyway, these kinds of things are pretty difficult to get a hold of so I started experimenting with more natural fixes. Olive oil is great for shaving or soaking your feet before a pedicure (warm water and a tablespoon of oil). White vinegar in various concentrations is a fantastic cleaner. Coconut oil is the greatest deep conditioner I have ever used! Try out some things on your own. If you get any ideas, let me know. I'm trying to come up with a good body scrub, any ideas?

Goodbye Jesus
This reminded me of something related that made me laugh my ass off. Anyone ever been to Disney World. They pride themselves as being multicultural. Well there was a woman on the ferry boat that was breast feeding a very young baby (maybe a couple of months old) and she was relatively covered up, but not fully. She was Brazilian if I had my guess ... I definitely heard Portuguese. Anyway, it didn't bother me and even my brothers (who are basically walking hardons) didn't comment on it ... obviously this wasn't the least bit sexually appealing. However, some loud-mouthed woman didn't like what was going on. She first tried to tell the breast-feeding mother that this wasn't appropriate to do in public in America (when she said America it was all slow and she emphasized every syllable ... like that was going to help the other woman understand).
I have to confess I used to be one of those people who thought breast feeding in public was inappropriate when I was still a xtian. One time at church we had a visitor there and she just randomly started breast feeding her baby in the middle of service and we were sitting in the row behind her. I remember feeling uncomfortable and I just tried to ignore it. I remember wondering why the lady didn't just go to the nursery and thought that would have been more appropiate. Now that I think about it more, I wonder why I felt that way about it and what was so wrong about it. The more I thought about it the more I thought there's no reason to get worked up about it. I was kind of surprised that nobody at church ever said anything to her when she did that but I feel ashamed I used to think like that.

I think I had quite the opposite reaction most of the time. Even at my most faithful, I never had a problem with nudity. I mean, I knew I was supposed to, but I couldn't even fake it. There is something beautiful about the human body in various shapes and sizes. I always felt weird that I thought this way.

• Super Moderator
If you get any ideas, let me know. I'm trying to come up with a good body scrub, any ideas?

Sugar mixed with olive oil is pretty good.

If you get any ideas, let me know. I'm trying to come up with a good body scrub, any ideas?

I was thinking epsom salt, but sugar sounds good. Thanks! I'll give it a try.

I was thinking epsom salt, but sugar sounds good. Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Olive oil sounds handy, but what about the tub? I used a bath melt once, and the tub was gummy/slick like I'd smeared Crisco around afterwards. I keep the cat's water bowl in the tub, so I had to either scrub down the tub immediately....or look forward to the fun of bathing 2 greasy fully clawed cats.

Seems like olive oil would be less of an issue.... how is your tub afterwards?

• Super Moderator
Olive oil sounds handy, but what about the tub? I used a bath melt once, and the tub was gummy/slick like I'd smeared Crisco around afterwards. I keep the cat's water bowl in the tub, so I had to either scrub down the tub immediately....or look forward to the fun of bathing 2 greasy fully clawed cats.

Seems like olive oil would be less of an issue.... how is your tub afterwards?

Right after my bath, I drain the water then let the hot water run while I use a long-handled scrubby brush on the tub. Rinse it all and let it go down the drain. I don't think it's any worse than using any other kind of bubble bath or bath oil, etc. My cat didn't seem to mind. She jumped in the tub all the time -- even once with water in it -- but only ONCE!

Years ago I tried one of those mud-bath-spa-concoctions in the tub. BIG MISTAKE. I didn't think I'd ever get that goop out of the tub.

OMG!!! How did you know I was going to post this when I got home!!! I so want to go see him!!!! And yes, I LOVE my country!!!!!

• Super Moderator
OMG!!! How did you know I was going to post this when I got home!!! I so want to go see him!!!! And yes, I LOVE my country!!!!!

I know many things . . . many things . . .

I'm psychic. Or psycho. Can't remember which.

So, be a patriot and Show Them to Me!!!!!!!