Goodbye Jesus

If Jesus Was Proven Not To Exist...what Would Happen?

Kurari

I don't know there were some sects prior to Roman Xianity (pre- and early Xianity) in which they believed that JC never actually walked the earth - Gnostics and Docetists to name two. For example, Doceticism (early Xianity, considered heresy) state that Jesus only seemed to have a human body and did not actually suffer and die on the cross. Gnosticism had a different, but almost similar view to the Docetists, but it was more spiritual in nature, in that JC only seemed to walk the earth.

My guess is that Xianity would go to views similar to that, even though such views were called heresy.

I don't know there were some sects prior to Roman Xianity (pre- and early Xianity) in which they believed that JC never actually walked the earth - Gnostics and Docetists to name two. For example, Doceticism (early Xianity, considered heresy) state that Jesus only seemed to have a human body and did not actually suffer and die on the cross. Gnosticism had a different, but almost similar view to the Docetists, but it was more spiritual in nature, in that JC only seemed to walk the earth.

My guess is that Xianity would go to views similar to that, even though such views were called heresy.

And isn't it fascinating that these kinds of versions of Christianity existed in the first century, considering that somehow we are to suppose that other people from the same time "knew" that Jesus truly was a person, and truly God, and all the rest? I mean, if Christianity did come from one source, and Jesus truly was everything Christians today say he was, how come there were so many completely different views on Jesus so early on? To me it points to that no one really knew, but it was pretty much all just belief from get-go.