Goodbye Jesus

Yeah I'm A Christian, So What?

Guest plastic_mouse18

For those of you who no longer believe. What are you SO scared of?

Scared? One of the most courageous things a person can do is stare into the monstrous face of Christianity and walk away. Atheists risk loss of employment, alienation from friends and family, discrimination, and more.

You don't "allow" Christians in here. You think we are so awful we will "corrupt" those who no longer believe?

You are here aren't you?

You are definitely awful, that's for sure.

You think we will brainwash those who are on the edge of losing their faith? Really??

Assume much?

Brainwash is the right term, but you are applying it to the wrong people. Hint - look in a mirror.

Is that what you're freaking out over? You chose to stop believing in God, right?

Only in so much as overwhelmingly compelling evidence can cause someone to chose to stop believing in something.

You hate that Christians try to show unbelievers that Christ died for them, that they have the opportunity to be born again.

Hate the Christ, not the Christian.

What exactly is it that YOU are doing? Are not not shoving your lack of beliefs on others? Are you not bashing Christians? Are you not trying to shove us out of the way so you can persuade people not to believe?

This forum is like an internet support group for recovering Christians. Nobody is shoving anything on anyone. People come here for hugs and understanding. Nobody here is trying to persuade anyone to believe anything.

What IF you're wrong? What if God is real. What if he's not only real, but what if the general Christian perception of Him is real and what if you will be held accountable to Him one day? Has it occurred to you that you might someday be held accountable to those who you are trying to convince God does not believe. It's so sad to me that those of you who are on the edge of losing your faith, are being persuaded by people who lost their faith. Why should others lose their faith just because you no longer have it??

What if we're wrong? What if you're wrong? The Muslim hell is much hotter than the Christian hell.

Those of you who are ex Christians don't know everything. There are millions who will be able to successfully debate with you scientifically and otherwise back and forth, but in the end, you are JUST a person. You are human. On top of that you are ONLY one human. Who are you to try to tell someone else that you are right and Christians are wrong?

Ex-Christians know at least one more thing than you do though - your book of fairy tales is pure bullshit.

What's my view? I believe it's up to the person to decide their faith and what they believe in. If people believe in God because of me, then they can easily be swayed down the road.

Don't care, really. We've heard "your view" ten bazillion times.

And if you are all so convinsed God isn't real, then leave this open to debate. As other Chrsitian forums do, leave the door open for discussion. If you don't beleive in God, then don't pretend to be Him. :grin:

For those of you who would rather not reply on here, feel free to email me.

It most certainly will be left open for debate. Unlike Christian forums, people with opposing beliefs are not summarily denied access to this forum.

Not sure why I'm bothering to reply as you're obviously a brain-dead kool aid drinking troll, but oh well.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• mwc

• Thurisaz

• Brought None

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do these Christian evangelists come here so much? Did we piss in their cornflakes or what?

This kind of crap depresses me.

Answer me this, Christophiles...if your God is so loving, so kind, so generous, why are their more miscarriages every year than abortions done by human hands???

Guest Rabidtreeweasel

Let's assume a member of another cult, say, Mormonism, posted something similar on one of your Christian based recovery boards. It might read a little something like this:

For those of you who no longer believe. What are you SO scared of? You don't "allow" Mormons in here. You think we are so awful we will "corrupt" those who no longer believe? You think we will brainwash those who are on the edge of losing their faith? Really?? Is that what you're freaking out over? You chose to stop believing in Joseph Smith, right? You hate that Mormons try to show unbelievers that the church has been restored, that they have the opportunity to be blessed with the Holy Spirit. What exactly is it that YOU are doing? Are not not shoving your lack of belief in my Mormon God on others? Are you not bashing Mormons? Are you not trying to shove us out of the way so you can persuade people not to believe?

What IF you're wrong? What if the Book of Mormon is real. What if it's not only real, but what if the general Mormon perception of scripture is true and what if you will be held accountable for that knowledge one day? Has it occurred to you that you might someday be held accountable to those who you are trying to convince that Mormonism is false? It's so sad to me that those of you who are on the edge of losing your faith, are being persuaded by people who lost their faith. Why should others lose their faith just because you no longer have it??

Those of you who are ex Mormons don't know everything. There are millions who will be able to successfully debate with you scientifically and otherwise back and forth, but in the end, you are JUST a person. You are human. On top of that you are ONLY one human. Who are you to try to tell someone else that you are right and Mormons are wrong?

What's my view? I believe it's up to the person to decide their faith and what they believe in. If people believe in the Book of Mormon because of me, then they can easily be swayed down the road.

And if you are all so convinsed that Joseph Smith is a false prophet, then leave this open to debate. As other Mormon forums do, leave the door open for discussion. If you don't beleive in the Book of Mormon, then don't pretend to be a scholar on the subject.

I hope, maybe, that you get the point. The point is, if you look at it from that perspective, it would sound utterly ridiculous to you. Of course you're not trying to shut down the debate of whether or not Mormonism is true, but that wouldn't be the point of your website, would it? It's a recovery support group. Of course, you actually did have an oppurtunity to put in your two cents, didn't you? I'm willing to bet your Anti-Cult groups are no so open minded.

So go Pascal somebody elses wager, we've heard 'em all. :ugh:

• 3 weeks later...
For those of you who would rather not reply on here, feel free to email me.
I am too scared to reply.

They might fist me.

Even virtually, I don't know how quick that goes with those modern sex gadgets.