Goodbye Jesus

The Olympics

par4dcourse

Get a life.

It's sport. It's entertainment.

Keep politics in the political arena.

I've waited four years for the Olympics. I care as much about human rights issues as the next man but athletics is the only sport I really enjoy watching so I don't like people poo-pooing it.

(Besides the female athletes are ****ing sexy!) :jerkoff:

NBC has been replaced by the Science Channel for the month of Aug. for me. The 30 minute round-up on the late news is fine for me, only about 28 mins too long. Are boobs forbidden in the games?

One man's treasure.........:lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• par4dcourse

• white_raven23

• Evan

• Misterspock1

I would not wish the nightmare of hosting an Olympic games on any city in the world. Economic stim my ass! The amount of money and manpower that is being spent on getting this city ready for a TWO WEEK event is sickening and shameful. The environmental damage to this province is irreversible. If you think hosting an Olympics is some kind of privilege, you can have it. I would say to you that the reason Olympics are held in rich Western countries is that no other country could afford the enormous costs involved.

I guess it up to how you manage it. Sydney had none of the problems you say and it was deemed the most succesful Olympics in history and set the bar for the Beijing one which was also overseen and designed by the Sydney organisers. The Olympic stadium and Olympic facilities in Sydney stimulated the economy in Sydney and are still doing it. There was no environmental impact, in fact the government spent a lot aof time and money on ensuring tha the Homebush area was protected and even moved several of the facilities when it was found to impact on the bell frog's natural habitat. The Olympics in Sydney created thousands of jobs, I worked at the Sydney Olympics so I know.

It has been revealed now that a Chinese Olympian in the athletics is under-age and has won two gold medals. China knows about it and in fact the Chinese government assisted in the fraud. The Chinese should have their gold medals taken from them for cheating. Chinese know only one thing how to cheat.

It has been revealed now that a Chinese Olympian in the athletics is under-age and has won two gold medals. China knows about it and in fact the Chinese government assisted in the fraud. The Chinese should have their gold medals taken from them for cheating. Chinese know only one thing how to cheat.

I agree they should lose the medals in question, but let's tone down the rhetoric a bit, shall we? :Hmm: