Goodbye Jesus

I Just Want A Normal Life!

Guest Freepagan

I met my current BF online. We both play Everquest and got interested in each other.. started emailing, sent pics, started talking on the phone,.,. after several months we met in person and ....

3 yrs later we are still togather dating long distance; seeing each other about 6 times a year for a week or so each time and it works well for us both. Mr right doesn't have to be Mr. Right Now!! sometimes it just happens; online you get to spend some non threatening time getting to know each other and seeing if you have common interests that will work out. Once a guy liked me till he found out some feminist political views I have then he couldn't get away fast enough. hehehe..

Others I have scared off because they don't want a woman who is assertive and knows how to bounce them around like a basketball if she wants too.. I have no time for mama's boys, losers, jobless wonders..I was married to that once.

Online is a great place to get to know people.

Online is a great place to get lied too, scammed, and put on.

I've got no issues with interacting with others on the internet, but I don't trust it for starting personal relationships on the merits of meeting them online and talking with them there alone. I'm not certain I'd want to set up a meeting or a date with someone I've never seen or spoken to face to face or only seen in photos that I'm not sure are really an accurate depiction of them.

Meeting someone I've met online before, and making friends or starting a relationship with them from there is a bit different than searching for friends and relationships through a computer screen.

I'm one of those people who doesn't think spending 60-80 hours on WoW or Everquest, and building a social life on that is healthy. Dating services give me similar issues of mistrust. Using the internet that way seems more like simulating social interaction than actually socializing.

If I wanted that, I'd just buy a Japanese dating sim game.

I know where you're coming from mate. I was 19 when I deconverted, I'm 20 now and STILL a virgin, I feel a bit freaked out about it and I'm not sure what to do.