Goodbye Jesus

How Do You Know?

Guest Eylisha

• Super Moderator

I don't care what MG says. I'm just really amused by the Shroud of Gerbil.

Sorry. I'm having a silly morning.

- Chris

I don't see where our communication crossed.

I'm making no claims about materialists or Christians.

My only claim is that the truth about someone lies in moreso in their actions than in their words.

That would be true for anyone.

Okay, fair enough. Basically, the actions speak louder than their so-called beliefs.

HanSolo,

I don't see where our communication crossed.

My only claim is that the truth about someone lies in moreso in their actions than in their words.

That would be true for anyone.

As I saw you were stating reasons for the good PR Xianity gets, right?

So you look at faith from an individual standpoint I take it? Where does salvation etc. play into all that? I get the feeling I need to hear a bit of your personal theology to understand where you are coming from, if you would be so kind to indulge me.

I know you're tired of words, but words are all we have here :P

As I saw you were stating reasons for the good PR Xianity gets, right?

No.

I'm not defending Christianity or the PR that it gets.

Rather, we kind of got around to discussing (several posts ago) how a person knows the truth.

Well as we all agree, merely going on what people say is a rather poor approach.

So you look at faith from an individual standpoint I take it? Where does salvation etc. play into all that? I get the feeling I need to hear a bit of your personal theology to understand where you are coming from, if you would be so kind to indulge me.

Discuss theology here?

I think I'll take a pass on that. :D

Duh, I don't know what Jesus is doing right now because I don't believe in Jesus, it's this little thing called a rhetorical question. I'm not claiming to know what Jesus is doing right now, but you sure as hell seem to be, and so I'm asking you what you think Jesus is doing right now and why he's letting innocent children starve to death, based on what you claim a follower of Christ is. Doesn't the bible say to ask and ye shall receive? So, why are there innocent children that are starving out there asking but not receiving anything? So, based on what you claim a follower of Christ is, then you are implying that Jesus is not following his own words and is not doing anything to help people since he's allowing suffering into the world.

How on earth am I supposed to know what He is doing?

Discuss theology here?

:funny:

Oh I cant imagine why... You're no fun :P

You mean he doesn't speak to you directly? You must be the first Christian who's turned up here without a message from God directly!!!

Discuss theology here?

:funny:

Oh I cant imagine why... You're no fun :P

Means he's not even ornamental...

I think you've helped yourself quite a bit already.

You detected a fraud (a materialistic pastor) and you left the church.

My recommendation would be to find people who actually attempt to live what they say they believe.

That means if you want to understand materialism you should find a materialist and study his beliefs and what he does.

That means if you want to understand Christianity you should find someone following the words of Christ and study his beliefs and what he does.

Based on what I understand of materialism, you'll find the materialist making a deposit at his local bank or driving a BMW.

Based on what I understand of Christianity, you'll find the Christian (among others) helping the poor, visiting the sick, etc.

Excuse me, but this is the worst answer I ever got on this forum. You are making assumptions about my life without knowing me.

If I want to understand xianity I should find someone following the words of christ? WTF!!! I spent 20!!! years with bible study, sermons, xian conferences, house groups, bible meetings, worship meetings and everything you could dream of. I joined a xian community where we shared everything (expect our spouses) and took care of homeless people and so on. So you recommend me to meet with some REAL xians? Some TRUE xians?

This is so unbelievable arrogant and I am so angry, well I am out of this topic.

And btw I am older than 6yrs, so you can stop teaching.

Excuse me, but this is the worst answer I ever got on this forum. You are making assumptions about my life without knowing me.

If I want to understand xianity I should find someone following the words of christ? WTF!!! I spent 20!!! years with bible study, sermons, xian conferences, house groups, bible meetings, worship meetings and everything you could dream of. I joined a xian community where we shared everything (expect our spouses) and took care of homeless people and so on. So you recommend me to meet with some REAL xians? Some TRUE xians?

This is so unbelievable arrogant and I am so angry, well I am out of this topic.

And btw I am older than 6yrs, so you can stop teaching.

I've made no assumptions about you or your life.

You seemed to be asking how to find the truth and I suggested hanging with people who do as they say (non-hypocrites).

That is only the most general advice applicable to anyone who is searching regardless of the object of their search.

My point is, why shoot ones mouth off about 'caring' when in fact there are no plans to actually do something about it.

Meh.

Be careful in Church Mad, I got in trouble for preaching this.

Maybe it comforts you when I say that this mentality is spread all over the world. It was one point for me to leave church. The pastor was always concerned about new chairs, expensive pc´s and high professional music equipment. Just around the corner people were poor and homeless. The church never felt an urge to help, it was busy with praying and singing.

But I can not see the connection to the OP. The mentality you have mentioned is nothing specific xian. So it can not help me to find out the truth about god and his book.

I read something about the homeless in America the other day: If every American Church took care of 6 homeless people there wouldn't be any homeless. If they actually did that I might consider that a miracle and join up again.

I read something about the homeless in America the other day: If every American Church took care of 6 homeless people there wouldn't be any homeless. If they actually did that I might consider that a miracle and join up again.

Amen to that, and we wouldn't need socialized well-fare.

And I guess if every hospital that have a name that starts with "Saint" so-and-so would give free medical treatment to those who can't afford it, I would probably join arms with you Chef and immediately try to find the closest Church to sign-up.

How on earth am I supposed to know what He is doing?
Well, you claim to be a "true Christian." If you claim to be a "true Christian", then you must obviously know what Jesus is doing because he obviously knows you're a true Christian. If you don't know what Jesus is doing, then how do you know that Jesus has accepted you as a "true Christian"?

I've made no assumptions about you or your life.

You seemed to be asking how to find the truth and I suggested hanging with people who do as they say (non-hypocrites).

That is only the most general advice applicable to anyone who is searching regardless of the object of their search.

But earlier in this thread you said
Now you're saying if we want to know who true Christians are, we should hang around non-hypocrites. Since you claimed earlier in this thread you weren't making claims about Christians yet now you're making claims about who true Christians are, then you are a hypocrite for making claims about Christians when you said you weren't making any claims, and by your own admission, you must not be a "true Christian." And since you claim to be a "true Christian" but you are not a "true Christian", then you are also a liar. And we all know what the bible says about listening to false teachers.

Guest Eylisha
My point is, why shoot ones mouth off about 'caring' when in fact there are no plans to actually do something about it.

Meh.

Be careful in Church Mad, I got in trouble for preaching this.

I could have helped more when I was a christian if I had of used my money to feed the hungry instead of tithing as 'god' asked me to do