Goodbye Jesus

Irritating E-mail

florduh

does anyone know if there is a central site for these kind of things?? or do they just live through circulation

• Super Moderator
Just got to this thread and see you've already replied, but if it ever comes around my way here's my response:

Dear Sender,

I am so grateful to be enlightened concerning God's particular vendetta against the citizens of Brazil. I want you to know I understand the point you're making. It's the samba, isn't it? Really, the samba, right? I know how God feels. Some might say the seeming imbalance in God's ferreting out Brazilian unbelievers for bloodthirsty demise is unfair. But any time I see those samba dancers prancing around, all high-and-mighty and full of themselves, I just want to cut them all down with a machine gun, or a tactical nuclear weapon, or maybe with one sweep of a giant machete that would slice in half their still-wiggling torsos. I'm relieved, though, that God seems to be taking care of those Brazilian samba dancers one by one. I hope He's getting as big a kick out of it as I would.

Again, thanks for confirming what I always suspected about the samba.

Yours,

Samba-free

I'm saving this one!

- Chris

Lennon was killed in December 1980. He made that statement in 1966. He was killed by a deranged fan. The rest are probably similarly distorted. Even if they are not, I am sure you could find thousands of similar anecdotes of people who "blasphemed" all their lives and died of old age.

I personally would not bother rebutting; it's not worth the time. I'd just delete it and ignore it completely. That's what I do with all preachy email.

I'm saving this one!

- Chris

Thanks, Chris. I had fun writing it!

I could understand why you wouldn't want to tell stories about bad things happening to kids, regardless of religion, but the attitude of that email!

Jeez, It's not like I was happy that this happened...I just thought that it was a good example of how bad things happen to ppl, christian or not. :ugh:

I wasn't saying anything bad about you - I know you weren't gloating. And I totally get where you are coming from. Unfortunately, telling xians stories about xian kids dying tends to inflame them even more. I told someone about that girl with diabetes, and they accused me of being glad she was dead!! I mean, fuck, I was just saying they should have taken her to the frickin hospital! I wasn't the one who denied her care in the "name of god"!!!

I think in the case of replying to the chain a case of schadenfreude about the death of Christians, no matter what age, is pretty inevitable. I tend to look upon it as the circle of life, as the insane ones remove themselves from the gene pool...

There again, I'm sufficiently a cold bastard that I don't really care if I don't know the people involved...

Guest eejay

I was reminded of this real tacky email I got a few months ago about 9/11. Supposedly this email goes on to say that god was with the people in the stairwell. He with with the people at home. He was there with the people on the planes, ad nauseum. Yeah right. I've read a lot of accounts of people who escaped and I also had an acquaintance from CT who was actually there. What he described kept those of us who listened to his account several days later riveted to his story. The pictures he shared. All I can say is that god wasn't there, helping those poor people who chose to jump. I'm certain many called for him. How these x-tian bastards can use this day, (which ruined aviation as us old timers knew it) as a prop to glorify the lord,is beyond me. I really think if I get that email again I will get angry with the people who send it.

All I can say is that god wasn't there, helping those poor people who chose to jump. I'm certain many called for him.

Just for the record, I didn't see god(s) during or after Katrina, either, on the streets of New Orleans. I saw lots of people doing lots of things for their neighbors, all pulling together until the National Guard could get us out. Not a god in sight.

I got this email from a woman I work with. I emailed her back something like : "Wow, so if God strikes down all those who defy him I guess all the those children dying in the cancer wards really deserve what they get huh?" This email is so retarded...I wonder if it is even worth a response!

You got a very good point Eejay. It's very disrespectful to the dead to defame the memory of them by claiming they were punished or killed because of what they did or said. It's very mean spirited when they spread these kind of emails. If there are demons and a devil, the supporters of this email truly would be full of them.

I was reminded of this real tacky email I got a few months ago about 9/11. Supposedly this email goes on to say that god was with the people in the stairwell. He with with the people at home. He was there with the people on the planes, ad nauseum. Yeah right. I've read a lot of accounts of people who escaped and I also had an acquaintance from CT who was actually there. What he described kept those of us who listened to his account several days later riveted to his story. The pictures he shared. All I can say is that god wasn't there, helping those poor people who chose to jump. I'm certain many called for him. How these x-tian bastards can use this day, (which ruined aviation as us old timers knew it) as a prop to glorify the lord,is beyond me. I really think if I get that email again I will get angry with the people who send it.

.... reached out my hand, and touched the face of God...

wtc_jump_04_large.jpg

THESE FACTS ??

I SURE DIDN ' T KNOW TILL NOW ?

Death is certain but the Bible speaks about untimely death!

Make a personal reflection about this.....

Very i nteresting, read until the end.....

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7):

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Here are some men who followed jesus personally:

Simon surnamed Peter died 33-34 years after the death of Christ. According to Smith’s Bible Dictionary there is satisfactory evidence that he and Paul were the founders of the church at Rome, and died in that city. The time and manner of the apostle’s martyrdom are less certain. According to the early writers, he died at or about the same time with Paul, and in the Neronian persecution, A.D. 67,68. All agree that he was crucified. Origen says that Peter felt himself to be unworthy to be put to death in the same manner as his Master, and was therefore, at his own request, crucified with his head downward.

James the son of Zebedee: He was put to death by Herod Agrippa I shortly before the day of the Passover, in the year 44 or about 11 years after the death of Christ. From Acts 12: 1-2.

Andrew: No accurate death date given. A variety of traditions say he preached in Scythia, in Greece, in Asia Minor and Thrace. He is reported to have been crucified at Patrae in Achaia.

Philip: Again, the Bible does not say when he died nor do we have accurate information. According to tradition he preached in Phrygia, and died at Hierapolis.

Matthew: He must have lived many years as an apostle, since he was the author of the Gospel of Matthew which was written at least twenty years after the death of Christ. There is reason to believe that he stayed for fifteen years at Jerusalem, after which he went as missionary to the Persians, Parthians and Medes. There is a legend that he died a martyr in Ethiopia

Thomas: The earlier traditions, as believed in the fourth century, say he preached in Parthia or Persia, and was finally buried at Edessa. The later traditions carry him farther east. His martyrdom whether in Persia or India, is said to have been by a lance, and is commemorated by the Latin Church on December 21 the Greek Church on October 6, and by the Indians on July 1.

James Alpheus also known as Thaddeus : We know he lived at least five years after the death of Christ because of mentions in the Bible. According to tradition, James son of Alpheus was thrown down from the temple by the scribes and Pharisees; he was then stoned, and his brains dashed out with a fuller’s club.

Judas Iscariot: Shortly after the death of Christ Judas killed himself. According to the Bible he hanged himself, (Matthew 27:5) at Aceldama, on the southern slope of the valley of Hinnom, near Jerusalem, and in the act he fell down a precipice and was dashed into pieces.

NO ONE IS SAFE! Not jesus' enemies or his even his closest friends.

mwc

Don't forget about Saint Paul as he was executed by beheading under orders of the Roman emperor Nero. My favorite professor was named after Saint Paul, and the poor guy still has nightmares of how the saint he was named after was martyred.

Untimely deaths. Like Jesus's. For crying out loud.

Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

My mom must have gotten this, because she read this out loud. I'm not sure what her point was, but she knows I love the Beatles, I have for 10+ years.

Among other things, I noted that that was said in the '60s obviously, but he was killed in 1980. Though, oh, well, I guess there's no point in going on since it must not matter who God uses to strike him down, or when he does it, or whatever. 9_9

I hate these e-mails. I got one that included some babble about "In God We Trust" on money - I imagine someone in this country (Canada) must have received it from the States and changed the words "American" to "Canadian," because... uh... I've never seen "In God We Trust" on our friggin coins to begin with, so get a grip...

The one about school shootings really pissed me off:

"Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?. ..

1. "

"Dear Concerned Student:

Sorry,

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God"

It goes on. :vent: I got it from my mom and I could only hope she didn't actually read the whole thing or look at it in detail, because it was so revolting and, I thought, unworthy of her.

You should send he links to rotten.com...

Every time she sends one of those mails, another festering corpse...

Lennon was killed in December 1980. He made that statement in 1966. He was killed by a deranged fan. The rest are probably similarly distorted. Even if they are not, I am sure you could find thousands of similar anecdotes of people who "blasphemed" all their lives and died of old age.

That deranged fan was a born-again christian.