Goodbye Jesus

Are Atheistic Fundamentalists Any More Desirable Than The Jim Jones University Brand?

Pegasus_Voyager

You are a sage. This is a masterpiece...

The biggest fundamentalist here speaks up. :funny:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• currentchristian

• Legion

• Vigile

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha, precisely, precisely, precisely! It's almost as though you go by command, like a well-trained horse.

Thanks for the laughs.....The mod can close this topic if he or she so pleases, I don't care.

Do you mean "the biggest fundamentalist" responding to this particular topic? Or in this thread? Or on this entire forum?

By what replicable means did you come to this conclusion?

Was your data collection, methods of analysis, and results peer reviewed? (Were there any theists reviewing your study, as this might skew the results?)

In order to evaluate your conclusion, Dave, I do need to know more.

:unsure:

-CC in MA

Ha ha ha CC broke his silence with Dave only to razz him. Do you hear that Dave? CC needs some charts and equations and such in order to evaluate your assertions. he he he

Do you mean "the biggest fundamentalist" responding to this particular topic? Or in this thread? Or on this entire forum?

Looks like something you need to meditate on.

Hahaha, precisely, precisely, precisely! It's almost as though you go by command, like a well-trained horse.

....funny how he exhibits all the symptoms practically word-for-word, yet cannot see the fundamentalism in himself.

Since you deny being a funnymentalist, and according to you that is a sign of being a fundamentalist, then you must be a fundamentalist. :D

Ha ha ha CC broke his silence with Dave only to razz him. Do you hear that Dave? CC needs some charts and equations and such in order to evaluate your assertions. he he he

What can one do? :shrug:

Of course I can understand your coming to that conclusion. Really, I can. But really I can't really see anybody accusing me of being rude or fundamentalist besides you, for your own reasons. If they do think so of me, they will come forward and say so, and if there's enough of a declaration from enough sane people, then I will have to consider that. But as of right now I think you're on your own on that one. Historically I don't think you've really shown you can judge or argue with genuine thought or consideration, rather, everything is knee-jerk, which hurts your position.

I must confess, Legion Regalis, that I had a terrific time composing that response to Dave's latest pronouncement from Mt. Sinai.

Fundamentally, I'm hoping he might realize that he has left a bad taste in the mouths of at least four members of this forum that I'm aware of. He has confessed that he is quite well known by the moderators and has been called to task by them. Seems to me he needs to make a few fundamental changes in his communication style. He comes across in a very poor way, it seems to me, and it seems that at least a few others here feel likewise.

I do not wish or want to be at war with Dave, by no means! I want to engage with him and others around interesting topics and have good conversations in which we all have our say and work to understand better our own views and those of others. Dave's current methods, however, make this darn near impossible.

My utmost hope, therefore, is that we move forward with exciting issues and abundant opinions, vigorously yet respectfully offered by everyone! Yes, everyone!

-CC in MA

I think it is interesting how PV's (former) mental illness can come to light in a topic in which one of the primary posters seems to have a signifigant neurosis. "Neurosis" is not meant as an insult but as a psychological/psychiatric term to describe the affliction, of which symptoms Dave seems to be exhibiting.

I have depression myself, so having a neurosis is no shame. I think Dave's is more based on aggression and ego, than my own, but still no less enjoyable. He seems to have a somewhat paranoiac(?) or oversensitive response that causes him to seek out argument and aggression, and then blame the target for the encounter.

I must confess, Legion Regalis, that I had a terrific time composing that response to Dave's latest pronouncement from Mt. Sinai.

I thought you may have enjoyed that post.

I do not wish or want to be at war with Dave, by no means! I want to engage with him and others around interesting topics and have good conversations in which we all have our say and work to understand better our own views and those of others. Dave's current methods, however, make this darn near impossible.

I think Dave can be a bit brusque at times. Sometimes he also seems to attribute motives to people, which I think is a difficult thing to do and get right. Motives are often complex in my experience. Dave also rarely says things like "in my opinion", "seems to me", etc. But I think most of these things are a matter of style. I think it would be easy to misinterpret Dave because of it. I'm not yet ready to dismiss Dave. But then I'm not one to quickly dismiss anyone.

I remember when someone first pointed out to me that I rarely qualified my speech with "in my opinion." It felt like they were trying to turn me into a pansy. But now I've come to recognize its value.

But then I'm not one to quickly dismiss anyone.

I commend you.

-CC in MA

But then I'm not one to quickly dismiss anyone.

I commend you.

Yeah but you didn't give me a medal. :Medal:

Yeah but you didn't give me a medal. :Medal:

I didn't know I could have or I would have. No more of :78: tonight.

-CC in MA

Damn CC!!! You broke your holy promise of silence... Now God will punish you!

Damn CC!!! You broke your holy promise of silence... Now God will punish you!

I am not afraid. :HaHa:

-CC in MA

Gee.... more attacks from one that doesn't like being attacked (or disagreed with). Can you say; "hypocrite"?

I think it is interesting how PV's (former) mental illness can come to light in a topic in which one of the primary posters seems to have a signifigant neurosis. ....

I think it's funny that you are engaging in the exact behavior you abhor in others.

I'm closing this topic. Now it only serves the purpose to accuse and throw ad homs.

End of topic.