Goodbye Jesus

for TAP totallyatpeace

been borg again

Tap,

Sorry if I misunderstood your beliefs. :Doh: I try to categorize different types of Christianity but it seems each person's manifestation of faith is like a fingerprint. There are no two alike, which is great. I have a question, though. Why won't you become a minister? If there were more pastors like you, we wouldn't have the problem of so many people feeling excluded from God. I think you have so much to teach and it would be a shame if more didn't get to hear what you had to say.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totallyatpeace

• dogmatically_challenged

• Fweethawt

• pandora

Explain that.  I'm listening.

In my opinion jesus lets love take a backseat to his oh so important justice.

This is leading back to......hell.

Hehe! But it isn't possible. I am an atheist first and foremost because I gota see it to believe it. And I never got a kiss and a hug from god when I was a child. A god that is omnipotent, and omni benevolent would not let me come to harm ( hell) just because I need a physical revalation. god would not let me stay in ignorance just because I am a gots to see it to believe sorta guy.

I am a better man than abraham and moses. Many people are better than them.

:HappyCry:

Because I am not the Son of God and I am not perfect.

TAP, the goal is not reachable.

The only way that anyone can do the things that he did, is to put it into words -- in a book.

Your feeling of failure is part of the theological 'baggage'.

From a realistic standpoint, you're not failing at all.

From a biblical standpoint, you will always have the feeling of failure.

It was designed for that.

Fwee, that is a very interesting understanding of the scriptures.......

Tap,

Sorry if I misunderstood your beliefs. :Doh:   I try to categorize different types of Christianity but it seems each person's manifestation of faith is like a fingerprint.  There are no two alike, which is great.  I have a question, though.  Why won't you become a minister?  If there were more pastors like you, we wouldn't have the problem of so many people feeling excluded from God.  I think you have so much to teach and it would be a shame if more didn't get to hear what you had to say.

I'm not a preacher by any stretch of the imagination. However, I have written a devotional or two but would never post them here.

You are very kind.

If there were more pastors like you, we wouldn't have the problem of so many people feeling excluded from God.  I think you have so much to teach and it would be a shame if more didn't get to hear what you had to say.

She wouldn't be worth a crap as a pastor.

I don't think she has it in her to be a storyteller.

What she has to teach, the congregation wouldn't want to hear.

What she has to teach, the congregation wouldn't want to hear

Amen.

People take what they want and Tap is a better person based on what she chooses from scripture.

Fwee, that is a very interesting understanding of the scriptures.......

Am I wrong?

People take what they want and Tap is a better person

based on what she chooses from scripture.

I think you might be missing my point that I'm trying to get at here.

In my perception, she is, and would still be,

a good (possibly even better) person without

scripture at all.

She has feelings of failure and shortcomings that are a direct result

of her adherence to certain scriptures. To me, this is unnecessary

due to the fact that the MEN who wrote them WANTED in-depth

believers to feel this way.

If their 'goal' that they set out for the believers could possibly be

reached, the theology wouldn't be needed. That is why the 'goal'

is impossible -- biblically speaking. They wanted it so that even the

best of people would still feel like a failure.

I think you might be missing my point that I'm trying to get at here.

In my perception, she is, and would still be,

a good (possibly even better) person without

scripture at all.

She has feelings of failure and shortcomings that are a direct result

of her adherence to certain scriptures. To me, this is unnecessary

due to the fact that the MEN who wrote them WANTED in-depth

believers to feel this way.

If their 'goal' that they set out for the believers could possibly be

reached, the theology wouldn't be needed. That is why the 'goal'

is impossible -- biblically speaking. They wanted it so that even the

best of people would still feel like a failure.

To me that is self evident. People take what they want from scripture. She is a good person and so only sees the gems in scripture.

Yea I should have said more.

To me that is self evident. People take what they want from scripture. She is a good person and so only sees the gems in scripture.

Yea I should have said more.

If all that she saw (and believed) were the "gems", she wouldn't feel failure.

If all that she saw (and believed) were the "gems", she wouldn't feel failure.

She applies certain scripture to herself for some reason. The church is all about gulit and unworthiness as you have said. She is a good person and maybe sets high standards for herself. There aren't that many gems. But the scripture that she would chose would encourage people to be less judgmental and to be unassuming.

She applies certain scripture to herself for some reason. The church is all about gulit and unworthiness as you have said. She is a good person and maybe sets high standards for herself.

High standards are fine within the confines of reality.

I have to get some work done.

I'll be back in a while.

High standards are fine within the confines of reality.

Agreed. Most Christians are not like her........in reality she is perfect in my book minus the superstition.

People ask why she is here.

Fwee~

I will never measure up because I am trying to measure up to something that is unrealistic. Correct? Is that what you're saying? I know that I will never understand the scriptures fully and also know that I will never be perfect. The scriptures don't demand that we be perfect, the study of the Word helps us to grow into the likeness of Christ.

Fwee, you understand Sanctification, right? I don't think I need to go into it here but certainly you know it is a life-long process. We never arrive. The pleasure (and sometimes the pain) is in the journey, not the destination. Would it shock you to know I'd live my life the same way with no promise of heaven?

Tap

Agreed. Most Christians are not like her........in reality she is perfect in my book minus the superstition.

People ask why she is here.

Would you like me to list my sins? :grin:

Would you like me to list my sins?  :grin:

I have my own definition of perfect. Perfect enough yet having desires for improvement is a perfection in itself.

I have my own definition of perfect. Perfect enough yet having desires for improvement is a perfection in itself.

That's very zen.

There's also an old quote, something like "True wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing." Kind of along those lines, IMHO.

That's very zen.

Is my slip showing?

Fwee~

I will never measure up because I am trying to measure up to something that is unrealistic. Correct? Is that what you're saying?

Yes.

I know that I will never understand the scriptures fully and also  know that I will never be perfect. The scriptures don't demand that we be perfect, the study of the Word helps us to grow into the likeness of Christ.
Matthew 5:48

Fwee, you understand Sanctification, right? I don't think I need to go into it here but certainly you know it is a life-long process. We never arrive. The pleasure (and sometimes the pain) is in the journey, not the destination.

Tap

Is any of this biblical?

You will never arrive at being the best that you can be when your goal can not possibly exist within reality.

I'm on the verge of coming out and telling you what point I'm trying to make here, but I'll give you a few more chances at figuring it out. :HaHa:

Would it shock you to know I'd live my life the same way with no promise of heaven? Tap
Just think of that!!! Being a good person while at the same time giving God back his promise of Heaven.

Gee... Who'da thunk it? :Doh:

:scratch:

BTW- No. It wouldn't shock me at all.

:vent: I said that I have work to do! :vent:

...... :vent: Now leave me alone! :vent:

:twitch:

You will never arrive at being the best that you can be when your goal can not possibly exist within reality.

Just who's reality are we talking about? Yours or mine?

I am fairly at peace with how I live my life.