Goodbye Jesus

The Question That Creationists Can't Answer

Realist

This title is not meant to re-open a closed thread ... it is to show how indoctrination can lock minds to any possibility different from a creationist's viewpoint!

This question surely isn't intended to inflame.  It's just something that I can never get an answer too.  Whenever I ask it, people usually point me to ONE book called the bible.   I want anybody who believes in creationism to tell me five things about creationism that you KNOW are true (i.e., in your own words, and proved OUTSIDE of the bible). Honest discussion.   

If adults come from babies then why are there still babies?

Checkmate atheists!!!!!

When I was a Christian, I would have asked you to set out some parameters for what counts as "know."

• Super Moderator

My house is the same color blue as the sky.  Since I know that my house had a builder, then the sky also had a builder because it is the same color as my house.  My question is, if evolution is true then how do individual grains of sand suddenly become glass?  Also, "out of nothing, nothing comes" means that since god came out of nothing then he created the universe.  It's just simple logic.

Oh and also, Kirk Cameron said so, and with all his degrees and credentials, I trust him to be a leading expert in the field.

• Super Moderator

I know Creationism is true. I saw the banana in Kirk Cameron's hand.

Genesis 1:1 in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth.

Since god is referred to in the third person, who's observing the events?

I've got to get a hobby.

When I was a Christian, I would have asked you to set out some parameters for what counts as "know."

But it was okay for the past christian poster of this from his viewpoint on evolution to set no parameters on the word "know." Double standards me thinks! :-)

Come on you guys ... you are cracking me up!! Or is creationism meant to be just a joke?? GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif ukliam2.gif

If God isn't real then why are vampires afraid of the cross?

God       1

Atheist   0

• Like 1

If God isn't real then why are vampires afraid of the cross?

God       1

Atheist   0

Because in addition to garlic, vampires are allergic to bullshit.

• Super Moderator

I find the absence of crocaducks to be the most compelling evidence.  They're not mentioned in the bible and they're not seen in nature.  Science cannot explain the absense of crocaducks therefore god created the heavens and the earth. 

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how a lump of coal could suddenly become a cashier at the local 7-Eleven.

• Super Moderator

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how a lump of coal could suddenly become a cashier at the local 7-Eleven.

Just visit my 7-Eleven and there'll be no mystery.

• Super Moderator

Just visit my 7-Eleven and there'll be no mystery.

It wouldn't happen to be in San Diego, by any chance, would it?

1. God created the heavens and the earth.

2. The earth is 6000 years old.

3. The universe is 10,000 years old.

4. Dinosaurs and men lived together in harmony.

5. God flooded the world because mankind was sinful and then he repopulated it from a stock of 8 humans and 2 animals of each kind, which lived on the Ark.

See these glorious sites for proof that what the Bible says is TRUE!

http://www.biblicalastronomy.com/

http://www.fixedearth.com/

Glory!

Oh Thank Heaven you have me!

Hmmm.  Let's review a list of other "idiots" who were stupid enough to believe that God existed.  How about this quote from the smartest guy who ever lived, Sir Isaac Newton.  The same guy who invented Calculus, discovered gravity, and discovered many things within the universe that are still true today:

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.” 

Yeah, Newton was a complete idiot for believing this.    Seriously, was the guy totally stupid or what?  Another quote from Newton:

“He who thinks half-heartedly will not believe in God; but he who really thinks has to believe in God.” 

How about Albert Einstein?  He clearly did not believe in a personal relationship with God, but undoubtedly believed in God:

"Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive." 

This from English astronomer and mathemetician, Fred Hoyle:

"A commonsense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."

How about American theoretical physicist, Walter Kohn, who also won the Nobel Prize:

"I am very much a scientist, and so I naturally have thought about religion also through the eyes of a scientist. When I do that, I see religion not denominationally, but in a more, let us say, deistic sense. I have been influence in my thinking by the writing of Einstein who has made remarks to the effect that when he contemplated the world he sensed an underlying Force much greater than any human force. I feel very much the same. There is a sense of awe, a sense of reverence, and a sense of great mystery."  

Yeah, you have to be a complete Rube to believe that God exists. 

Hmmm.  Let's review a list of other "idiots" who were stupid enough to believe that God existed.  How about this quote from the smartest guy who ever lived, Sir Isaac Newton.  The same guy who invented Calculus, discovered gravity, and discovered many things within the universe that are still true today:

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.” 

Yeah, Newton was a complete idiot for believing this.    Seriously, was the guy totally stupid or what?  Another quote from Newton:

“He who thinks half-heartedly will not believe in God; but he who really thinks has to believe in God.” 

How about Albert Einstein?  He clearly did not believe in a personal relationship with God, but undoubtedly believed in God:

"Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive." 

"A commonsense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."

How about American theoretical physicist, Walter Kohn, who also won the Nobel Prize:

"I am very much a scientist, and so I naturally have thought about religion also through the eyes of a scientist. When I do that, I see religion not denominationally, but in a more, let us say, deistic sense. I have been influence in my thinking by the writing of Einstein who has made remarks to the effect that when he contemplated the world he sensed an underlying Force much greater than any human force. I feel very much the same. There is a sense of awe, a sense of reverence, and a sense of great mystery."  

You proved yourself to be an idiot yesterday through eight pages of creationist bullshit that we refuted and facts about evolution we gave you which you ignored.

Einstein was not a Christian or even a theist. He not only did not believe in a personal god, he didn't believe in a god at all in the traditional sense of the word.

How many creationist websites did you visit to mine these disingenuously used quotes?

Nope.  Almost all of us believed in God at one point.  Bad thinking can happen to anybody, especially if they were brainwashed at an early age or grew up in a culture that is saturated with religion or if they are recruited in a time of great personal stress.  The Christian religion builds a world view that reshapes the way followers think to the point that they almost can't escape.

• Like 1

If a million people believe a stupid premise, it's still a stupid premise.

• Like 2

You need to look up the logical fallacy "argument from authority."

You also need to look up some of the other things Sir Isaac Newton believed in -- and discover why, despite his amazing intellectual achievements, he's often considered to be among the last of the medieval thinkers, rather than among the first of the moderns.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

You beat me to it, MerryG.  Good on ya, girl!

While strolling through the forest I came upon a watch.  I picked up the watch and looked around but no one was there.  I thought for a very long time about how the watch could come to this place on its own.  How could such an instrument simply assemble itself?  The more I thought about it the more I realized it must have a creator.  It was then I came to believe in elves.

mwc

The volume and breadth of your Appeal to Authority Fallacy looks rather trollish.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Besides, Newton's so called "gravity" was just a theory; so was Einstein's so called "relativity".

Isaac Newton's belief in God proves belief in God is reasonable . . . 

. . . just like Isaac Newton's belief in alchemy proves alchemy is reasonable.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/newton-alchemy.html

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/jul-aug/05-isaac-newton-worlds-most-famous-alchemist#.UoVPQyg_15g

• Like 1

Einstein was not a Christian or even a theist. He not only did not believe in a personal god, he didn't believe in a god at all in the traditional sense of the word.

Brother Jeff, even you admit that Einstein believed in God.  

As for the other quotes, they are a part of history.  Not fabricated in the least.  Of course, we should accept the wise counsel of Brother Jeff over Newton, Einstein, Hoyle, and Kohn.  Oh, brother!